Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Hi All,

I'm trying to figure out my Sonoma upgrade path with regard to Bluetooth and wireless. Moving away from the Broadcom wifi card, besides Airdrop, what other continuity features would I use?
By switching to Intel WiFi we will lose all Continuity features except for Handoff and Continuity Clipboard.

If I keep the Broadcom card and ad an intel PCI-e wireless card, would I keep all continuity? Would I need any special kexts or a specific wifi card?
Alas we need Broadcom WiFi (and Broadcom Bluetooth) for Continuity. The moment we switch away from Broadcom WiFi we lose Continuity other than the two features mentioned in first paragraph.

Thanks. I thought the workaround would have maybe been Broadcom Bluetooth and Intel Wifi. I'll plan to upgrade around 14.3. Perhaps the legacy patcher route would be an option.

By switching to Intel WiFi we will lose all Continuity features except for Handoff and Continuity Clipboard.

Alas we need Broadcom WiFi (and Broadcom Bluetooth) for Continuity. The moment we switch away from Broadcom WiFi we lose Continuity other than the two features mentioned in first paragraph.
I need something validated. Going Intel, do we lose the ability to respond to SMS (not iMessage) messages from our hacks, which would include authorization codes auto filled?

You need to check you BIOS settings and make sure they are correct.
I did, multiple times... even tried downgrading to F25, and still the same problem. Feels like there's something that went missing or something from the settings... I just dont know what it could be? I followed all the settings from Page 1 in this thread...

Went back to F8, and it works again.

I did, multiple times... even tried downgrading to F25, and still the same problem. Feels like there's something that went missing or something from the settings... I just dont know what it could be? I followed all the settings from Page 1 in this thread...

Went back to F8, and it works again.
Have you seen this post?

Have you seen this post?
YES! THANK YOU! It worked! Finally on a newer BIOS. F23 worked :)

Ah crap... you're right. Is there a fix for this?
Running a 14th gen CPU might fix it.
Ah crap... you're right. Is there a fix for this?

Edit: Just did some MacGyvering around and... seems like the only fix is going back to F8.
I am going to install a 13th Gen i7 in a day or two and see what’s the highest BIOS version with sleep working, starting with F20.

Back