Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

F26 BIOS released

1. Checksum : DF6F
  2. Enable SPD write protect, help fixing DDR compatibility issue due to some module did not introduce JEDEC SPD write protection properly.

I don't use a Z690 Aero G but do use an Aorus B660M AX DDR4 motherboard (All motherboards use the same BIOS FW, just the theme changes) and F26 BIOS worked fine for me. Just copy the same settings from previous F25 BIOS and you should be fine. :thumbup:

I don't use a Z690 Aero G but do use an Aorus B660M AX DDR4 motherboard (All motherboards use the same BIOS FW, just the theme changes) and F26 BIOS worked fine for me. Just copy the same settings from previous F25 BIOS and you should be fine. :thumbup:
I went from F7 to F26. Ugh! I'm going to have to research how the incrememtal updates were handled.

I went from F7 to F26. Ugh! I'm going to have to research how the incrememtal updates were handled.

I had a similar issue like yours. First I started with F7, configured everything and worked perfectly. The moment I upgraded, got the dreaded restart during booting. First post basically covers everything you need to enable in the newer BIOS updates. I had to update the BIOS in case in the future I decide to use a 13th gen processor.

I’m having an issue with updating to 13.0 to 13.5. I keep getting a “failed to prepare update“ message. I actually ran into this a while ago but couldn’t figure my way around it, hence still being on 13.0. Anyone else run into this? I’m asking here because I dont know if this could be a Hackintosh thing or if I should look elsewhere.

I’m having an issue with updating to 13.0 to 13.5. I keep getting a “failed to prepare update“ message. I actually ran into this a while ago but couldn’t figure my way around it, hence still being on 13.0. Anyone else run into this? I’m asking here because I dont know if this could be a Hackintosh thing or if I should look elsewhere.

Confirm that in config.plist Misc->Security->SecureBootModel is "Default."

If it's already set to "Default" and not updating, then download the full installer from Apple's App Store and use it to upgrade your installation. I've had to do this on occasion on other motherboards.

If you're using an AMD GPU, make sure to double check Re-size Bar settings in BIOS.

If “automatically notify me of an uodate” is enabled, then one option is to wait until macOS tells you that an update is ready to be installed. That update should work.

Back