Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

40GbE card? Which make and model?
MLX connectX 4 +

Update: In MacOS 13, I found X540/X550 is native support by my Z690 Aero G. So apple update the driver for 10G NIC. But others found that 40G drivers also provided in MacOS 13

Update 2:

Here are the current ethernet drivers listed on MacOS 13.3.1(a), xjn189 was found on the earlier version of MacOS 13, it was the kext driver instead of dext.

/System/Library/DriverExtensions/com.apple.DriverKit-AppleEthernetE1000.dext
/System/Library/DriverExtensions/com.apple.DriverKit-AppleEthernetIXGBE.dext
/System/Library/DriverExtensions/com.apple.DriverKit-AppleEthernetIXL.dext
/System/Library/DriverExtensions/com.apple.DriverKit-AppleEthernetMLX5.dext

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
Is on-board Intel Bluetooth and Wifi available? I would like to switch to it from Fenvi to release PCI-e port.

Is on-board Intel Bluetooth and WiFi available? I would like to switch to it from Fenvi to release PCI-e port.
Yes, see the post on page 1, not all functions are available

Here are the current ethernet drivers listed on MacOS 13.3.1(a), xjn189 was found on the earlier version of MacOS 13, it was the kext driver instead of dext.

/System/Library/DriverExtensions/com.apple.DriverKit-AppleEthernetE1000.dext
/System/Library/DriverExtensions/com.apple.DriverKit-AppleEthernetIXGBE.dext
/System/Library/DriverExtensions/com.apple.DriverKit-AppleEthernetIXL.dext
/System/Library/DriverExtensions/com.apple.DriverKit-AppleEthernetMLX5.dext
Very interesting…
Drivers for 1 Gb/s Intel NICs (e1000: i210 and others) and 10 Gb/s (ixgbe: X500 series) were known.
ixl is new. This driver supports Intel X700 series of NICs, which go up to 40 Gb/s.
On Linux and FreeBSD, mlx5 supports Mellanox (nVidia) ConnectX-4, -5 and -6 series of NICs, which go up to 100 Gb/s (beta support for 200 Gb/s).

If I were greedy, I'd ask Apple for Intel's ice driver for X800 NICs.

If I were to speculate, I'd posit that such work by Apple to port new networking drivers indicates that Apple still intends to provide support for x86 for some time and that the upcoming AppleSilicon Mac Pro will come with at least one x16 PCIe slot for a X720 or ConnectX card.

Hello @ahoeh,

Sorry to hear about the ongoing problems. Some questions/comments:
  • Are you trying to install Ventura 13.1 from scratch?
    • Do you want to install Ventura 13.3 instead?
  • Feel free to remove serial numbers from config.plist, then compress and post the entire EFI folder
    • I can upgrade it to OpenCore 0.9.1
Hello @CaseySJ, Dear Community

CaseySJ has asked me to upload my EFI. Did you see my upload (link) and could you find anything misconfigured?
I am a little confused reading the boot errors and have no idea where to start.

With kind regards,
ahoeh

MLX connectX 4 +
Have you tested performance provided by this card?
I can't get more than 6500mbit with macOS TCP stack (testing speed with iperf - linux host on other side).
I've used old cx4 10gbe cards ten years ago (with mac pro 2013). Now I'm using ACQ107 based card with Ventura (on z690 aero g hackintosh) - but speed didn't increased....

Have you tested performance provided by this card?
I can't get more than 6500mbit with macOS TCP stack (testing speed with iperf - linux host on other side).
I've used old cx4 10gbe cards ten years ago (with mac pro 2013). Now I'm using ACQ107 based card with Ventura (on z690 aero g hackintosh) - but speed didn't increased....
Have you tried using jumbo frames? With jumbo frames on, I get 9.1 Gbps on the Aquantia via thunderbolt. Also, test both ways, upload and download.

Back