Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Recently some users in other threads have reported slow boot times when their Thunderbolt add-in-card is enabled. We can disconnect the Thunderbolt header cable and reboot to see whether it makes a difference.
@CaseySJ I downgrade from OC 0.8.0 to OC 0.7.8 (I forget to backup my 0.7.9). Now the boot time is back to normal, it takes about 20 seconds from OC picker to Mac Login screen.

@CaseySJ I downgrade from OC 0.8.0 to OC 0.7.8 (I forget to backup my 0.7.9). Now the boot time is back to normal, it takes about 20 seconds from OC picker to Mac Login screen.
Interesting. Have you compared the various OpenCore quirks between the two config.plist files? And the list of kexts?

Interesting. Have you compared the various OpenCore quirks between the two config.plist files? And the list of kexts?
Here I attached the differences.

I tried with default and j160 option in OC 0.8.0 SecureBootModel, no differences.

Attachments

• 1991653604084_.pic.jpg
    1991653604084_.pic.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 2001653604084_.pic.jpg
    2001653604084_.pic.jpg
    807.1 KB · Views: 42

I tried with default and j160 option in OC 0.8.0 SecureBootModel, no differences.
I have the same differences than you.

IS that Meld program?

I had the same boot issues on 0.7.9. I don’t believe I had them on 0.7.8.

Have you tried opening both config.plist files with OpenCore Configurator (latest version is okay, just don't click Save)? Each file will open in its own instance of OpenCore Configurator. Then we can flip through the various panels and look for differences.

Have you tried opening both config.plist files with OpenCore Configurator (latest version is okay, just don't click Save)? Each file will open in its own instance of OpenCore Configurator. Then we can flip through the various panels and look for differences.
@CaseySJ I just compared these two configs.plist using OC Configurator 0.8.0. There is no difference between these two.

My 0.8.0 config was upgraded from 0.7.9, and 0.7.9 was upgraded from 0.7.8 using HackinDROM.

Last edited:
@CaseySJ I bought myself a Aero D as well. Will be changing out the Aero G to the D when the RAM and Cooler arrives. Can I use the Aero G EFI for this board with some help?

Back