Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

That is correct.

Note that the title bar says "0.7.7 Release Configuration" so as long as you're running OpenCore 0.7.7 then OpenCore Configurator will save the config.plist in correct format.
I am running OC 0.7.9 now, same result.

I am running OC 0.7.9 now, same result.
Which problem are you seeing?
  • Slow window resizing?
  • Slow GeekBench compute score?
  • Graphics glitches on desktop?

Which problem are you seeing?
  • Slow window resizing?
  • Slow GeekBench compute score?
  • Graphics glitches on desktop?
Desktop glitches.

Desktop glitches.
This may just be a cached leftover. On your system, open /private/var/folders in Finder (SHIFT-CMD-G) and traverse any folders you see there, two levels deep as shown in green and red, until you see a directory called C and a sub-folder inside called com.apple.desktoppicture. Simply delete that folder.

Note that the green and red folder names are different on every system. Here are some examples:

/private/var/folders/s9/09d6yj1s4zd0ffslts68ryrw0000gp/C/com.apple.desktoppicture
/private/var/folders/pz/hrnr3rjj5vz7hg0qp6y9mnmc0000gn/C/com.apple.desktoppicture

An example:

This may just be a cached leftover. On your system, open /private/var/folders in Finder (SHIFT-CMD-G) and traverse any folders you see there, two levels deep as shown in green and red, until you see a directory called C and a sub-folder inside called com.apple.desktoppicture. Simply delete that folder.

Note that the green and red folder names are different on every system. Here are some examples:

/private/var/folders/s9/09d6yj1s4zd0ffslts68ryrw0000gp/C/com.apple.desktoppicture
/private/var/folders/pz/hrnr3rjj5vz7hg0qp6y9mnmc0000gn/C/com.apple.desktoppicture

An example:
Thanks. I did a NVRAM reset and it resolved after a few restarts.

An example:
Glitch came back after a restart. Found the desktoppicture folder with about 15 png files and nuked the folder.

Seems good now, thanks.

Tried repairing the Windows BCD thing, like the guide said. But it behaves the same when booting from OpenCore: the screen goes blank and nothing happens. I have read elsewhere that others with same problem solved it with setting SyncRuntimePermissions = TRUE, but this is already selected.
Update: today I accidentally forgot to hit F12 to get into Windows and decided just for laughs to try from OpenCore ... It loaded! Windows wheel spinning thingy has some graphic glitch and doesn't display properly. But, when Windows boots, it's fine. So I don't know how it fixed itself but it seems to have. I guess it was the repair of the Wndows EFI but it's strange it didn't immediately work. Now I have everything working!

Thanks to @CaseySJ, for this amazingly well documented build!

Does anyone else have fan issues with their Aero G motherboard?

I'm using a Noctua NH-D15 Chromax black with two fans using a Y-splitter. The fans spin up on boot and stay on for a bit, but eventually they turn off (or at least the top fan turns off) and remains turned off even if I run something like Cinebench where CPU utilization hits 100%. My temperatures are surprisingly good even without the fans spinning (64c-70c) however my fan profile is set to have the fans turn on when the CPU temp reaches 40c and goes up gradually. In Windows, I can force both fans to turn on with this software, but Mac OS seems to ignore the second CPU fan eventually.

I've attached a screenshot of my fan settings if anyone can help.

Attachments

• fan-settings.jpg
    fan-settings.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 42
@Cavid72

Update: all was due to incomplete download. On second attempt to download, USB disk was created successfully.

Also, when opening GibMacOS-command I get this message on screen "The "python3" command requires the command line developer tools. Would you like to install the tools now?". Pls, see screenshot of it. I clicked Cancel.
Please select “yes” when asked to install command line developer tools. Those tools are released by Apple as part of Xcode.

P.S. Please do not quote entire guides as stated at the top of the guide.

Back