Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

That’s very odd — on Z690 it shouldn’t be necessary to update eeprom. Just enabling AppleVTD and removing ReservedRegions in DMAR table should be sufficient. Even boot argument e1000 is to be avoided.

If this is happening in Ventura only (but works in Monterey), one option is to inject AppleIntelI210Ethernet from Monterey into Ventura and use e1000=0.

Another option is to try a fresh install of Ventura.
@CaseySJ @rj510 Inject AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext works! Thanks very much!

I wrote at the top that it works with the F6 BIOS. I can send you a screenshot if you like ))
what version of macOS are you running?

Can anyone share an EFI folder from a system that boots on F22?
For me the solution was to enable SetupVirtualMap! Which is not needed with old BIOS but it looks like it's needed for F20, 21 and 22

The config.plist uses a USB port map that defines exactly 15 ports and disables XhciPortLimit kernel quirk. This maximizes compatibility across multiple versions of macOS
Hi, how did you map your ports...? I'd like to use UsbInjectAll + .aml file as I used to do, and you do as well. The problem is that I enable to port limit quirk and use UsbInjectAll, open Hackintool... My USB2.0 ports read usb 2 memory, my usb 3.0 ports (blue and red) don't, they just read USB3.0 devices... they should be compatible with USB2.0 and show HS... but they just don't read any USB 2 device (memory, printer, mouse, etc...)

Hi, how did you map your ports...? I'd like to use UsbInjectAll + .aml file as I used to do, and you do as well. The problem is that I enable to port limit quirk and use UsbInjectAll, open Hackintool... My USB2.0 ports read usb 2 memory, my usb 3.0 ports (blue and red) don't, they just read USB3.0 devices... they should be compatible with USB2.0 and show HS... but they just don't read any USB 2 device (memory, printer, mouse, etc...)
Please refer to the USB port map diagram in Post 1 and cross-reference that diagram with the USB SSDT provided in the EFI folder. The name of the USB port map SSDT begins with SSDT-UIAC... (UIAC = USB Inject All Companion).

The name of the USB port map SSDT begins with SSDT-UIAC
Yes I know, I had my ports mapped this way in my last 2 builds, I was wondering how you create the UIAC maps, hackintool? I solved my problem by creating a map with only HS ports, booted with that, all the ports were working with USB2 devices now, so I could map them, then re-booter with all enabled and PortLimit patch, selected the 15 ports that I needed in hackintool, and exported the final UIAC file!

Nowadays many say it is better to use the USBMap method...but considering you use USBInjectAll I think you find it better? Or is it just easier to map?

Many thanks again for always answering and helping! Even though my messages from yesterday disappeared and I don't know why!!! In the end I "just" needed SetupVirtualMap for my system too boot!

Yes I know, I had my ports mapped this way in my last 2 builds, I was wondering how you create the UIAC maps, hackintool? I solved my problem by creating a map with only HS ports, booted with that, all the ports were working with USB2 devices now, so I could map them, then re-booter with all enabled and PortLimit patch, selected the 15 ports that I needed in hackintool, and exported the final UIAC file!

Nowadays many say it is better to use the USBMap method...but considering you use USBInjectAll I think you find it better? Or is it just easier to map?

Many thanks again for always answering and helping! Even though my messages from yesterday disappeared and I don't know why!!! In the end I "just" needed SetupVirtualMap for my system too boot!

Yes I know, I had my ports mapped this way in my last 2 builds, I was wondering how you create the UIAC maps, hackintool?
Do you mean how do I probe each USB port to determine its location in IOReg? If so, that is described in the Tech Talk section of my Asus ProArt Z690 build guide (click here):

Screenshot 2023-01-14 at 12.39.42 PM.png

I prefer USBInjectAll because it provides boot arguments for enabling and disabling any port. This allows us to create a port map SSDT containing, for example, the USB ports for both internal Intel Bluetooth module and Broadcom Bluetooth on a PCIe card. To go back and forth between them, we just use boot arguments to enable one USB port and disable the other.

Additionally, we intentionally disable some USB 2 ports in order to maintain a 15-port limit. But not everyone wants those particular ports disabled -- they may want some other ports disabled and some other ports enabled. They can do that using boot arguments.

Going even further, USBInjectAll does not care what system product name you are using. You can use iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1 or iMac19,x or iMac20,x -- and you can change that name at any time. If you use USBPorts kext, it is tied to a specific system product name.

Do you mean how do I probe each USB port to determine its location in IOReg?
Very detailed explanation! I did it that way 2 builds ago. But then found out that with Hackintool it's even easier, and it then automatically create the UIAC file for you.
I remember years ago I edited it manually in Maciasl...isn't it much easier to use hackintool?

I just didn't know about the boot arg to enable only SS or HS. So I enabled all with the quirk and then used hackintool to create an UIAC just for HS. I discovered those (that were not working properly with all ports enabled), and then enabled all again and created my 15 port UIAC.

Back