Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

** NVM 67 for GC-Titan Ridge **

If you have a GC-Titan Ridge and are experiencing issues with Thunderbolt 4 devices such as CalDigit Thunderbolt 4 Hub, try flashing the new modified NVM 67.

CalDigit recommends minimum of NVM 66 for compatibility with their Thunderbolt 4 hubs, so NVM 67 (from Gigabyte) may provide a solution.

Details located here:

Thanks to @cdbrow1 for posting the original unmodified NVM 67.

Following @CaseySJ 's guide, and using the EFI provided, I modified the value for the system serial, added a TB3 Alpine Ridge ACPI for slot 4, and had a 100% working system with a RX 570 (requires agdpmod=pikera DP ports all working and using), sleep/restart/shutdown works.

The RX 570 was on its last legs, and I had to change to a new 6600 XT.

for the past 3 weeks...
:banghead:
I have been tearing my hair out with the Asrock 6600 XT Challenger...

Using the same EFI that worked flawlessly, changing into a 6600 XT should be simple... if only... :rolleyes: The only video output that works now is HDMI - that I can live with. Sleep no longer works - it wakes immediately. Shutdown takes a long time while the system behaves like sleep and then crash (it seems?)

I have reinstalled Monterey, reset nvram, reset bios (shorting pins), triple checked the original posts if I have left anything out. But I get the same results no matter what I do.

Which logs do I need to upload to see what is causing the issues - could someone please advise?

I have searched and looked at other posts to do with sleep and 6600 XT, but it seems the most relevant place to ask is here, as I have the same hardware.

I have uploaded my config.plist (removed platforminfo) if that helps?

Attachments

• config.plist
    40.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Following @CaseySJ 's guide, and using the EFI provided, I modified the value for the system serial, added a TB3 Alpine Ridge ACPI for slot 4, and had a 100% working system with a RX 570 (requires agdpmod=pikera DP ports all working and using), sleep/restart/shutdown works.

The RX 570 was on its last legs, and I had to change to a new 6600 XT.

for the past 3 weeks...
:banghead:
I have been tearing my hair out with the Asrock 6600 XT Challenger...

Using the same EFI that worked flawlessly, changing into a 6600 XT should be simple... if only... :rolleyes: The only video output that works now is HDMI - that I can live with. Sleep no longer works - it wakes immediately. Shutdown takes a long time while the system behaves like sleep and then crash (it seems?)

I have reinstalled Monterey, reset nvram, reset bios (shorting pins), triple checked the original posts if I have left anything out. But I get the same results no matter what I do.

Which logs do I need to upload to see what is causing the issues - could someone please advise?

I have searched and looked at other posts to do with sleep and 6600 XT, but it seems the most relevant place to ask is here, as I have the same hardware.

I have uploaded my config.plist (removed platforminfo) if that helps?
Please make the changes shown below (disable all 3 of them), reboot, and see if things improve. These changes are needed anyway, whether or not they fix the GPU/Sleep problem.

Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 5.02.15 AM.png

@CaseySJ I use BCM94360NG with OC 0.7.9 and before without any issue on Bluetooth. But I upgraded to OC 0.8.0 according to the guide you shared and used the software. However, I cannot use Bluetooth on OC 0.8.0.
Today, I revert back to OC 0.7.9, and Bluetooth back to normal.

@CaseySJ I use BCM94360NG with OC 0.7.9 and before without any issue on Bluetooth. But I upgraded to OC 0.8.0 according to the guide you shared and used the software. However, I cannot use Bluetooth on OC 0.8.0.
Today, I revert back to OC 0.7.9, and Bluetooth back to normal.
Hello @Sn0wMan,

Please compare the config.plist --> ACPI and config.plist --> Kernel sections of OC 0.7.9 and OC 0.8.0. Or feel free to post these screenshots:
  • OC 0.7.9
    • ACPI screenshot
    • Kernel screenshot
  • OC 0.8.0
    • ACPI screenshot
    • Kernel screenshot

Sorry, just found that I checked the wrong USB map file. @CaseySJ

Thanks for your help !

Last edited:
** NVM 67 for GC-Titan Ridge **

If you have a GC-Titan Ridge and are experiencing issues with Thunderbolt 4 devices such as CalDigit Thunderbolt 4 Hub, try flashing the new modified NVM 67.

CalDigit recommends minimum of NVM 66 for compatibility with their Thunderbolt 4 hubs, so NVM 67 (from Gigabyte) may provide a solution.

Details located here:

Thanks to @cdbrow1 for posting the original unmodified NVM 67.
@CaseySJ I have a GC-Titan Ridge V2.0 card, Currently in use NVM 50, need to update to NVM 67? Can I use GC-Titan Ridge V2.0 card and support Thunderbolt 4 devices?

I'm sorry my English is not good

my computer looks like this
: 12600k PRO Z690-A DDR4 RX6600

After installation, everything works fine, but there is no internet.
Ethernet is connected, but the Internet takes a timeout (LAN)
After checking what the problem is, if you change the router to an old one or connect it directly, it will be fine.
The router that does not work is "Netgear RAX20"
https://www.netgear.com/kr/home/wifi/routers/rax20/ You can check the specs here.

Help!

-Solve
Hardware -> Enthernet -> Manual (1000baseT full-duplex Standard)

Last edited:
Please make the changes shown below (disable all 3 of them), reboot, and see if things improve. These changes are needed anyway, whether or not they fix the GPU/Sleep problem.

View attachment 547129
Thanks @CaseySJ - having removed all 3 entries, I am able to get it a little further in sleep, instead of immediate wake, it will now take about 5 seconds after screen off to go into an strange state of sleep (fans spinning but LEDs are off, RAM LEDs on. The previous working sleep state with RX570 fans off and RAM LEDs on).

In this weird state I couldn't wake up the system with KB or Mouse, only way is to hold down power button to force off.

GPU still only work with HDMI - I tried frame buffer "Henbury" and it crash at boot.

What kind of logs could I send you to see what the sleep issue is? If you don't mind?

Back