Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Can I ask which motherboard you are using ?
Answer lies here! :)

@CaseySJ The third time was the charm.

EFI-076-PRE-Z690-AERO-G-V3, unmodified (other than Platform info) worked flawlessly.

We now have a desktop. I shall install and test additional applications a little later.

Thank you.
Glad to hear it. Was Boot --> CFG-Lock enabled in previous attempts? (Needs to be disabled.)

Answer lies here! :)
Oooh nice. The master is a nice looking board...

The attached version was created using http://hackindrom.zapto.org

It may exhibit the same crash on hot-plug, but it's worth a try.
Casey, my board change the path on every boot in function of "I wish to know". Trying the last SSDT you sent, the path is changing from RP09.PXSX to RP09.HRUS, each time. I think is changing the path and alocate resources in function of hardware installed and recognized. F..........K!

Casey, my board change the path on every boot in function of "I wish to know". Trying the last SSDT you sent, The path is changing from RP09.PXSX to RP09.HRUS, each time. I think is changing the path and alocate resources in function of hardware installed and recognized. F..........K!
No problem; this is a known issue with easy fix. In addition to removing PXSX, we need to remove HRUS. Can make this change when I return home.

No problem; this is a known issue with easy fix. In addition to removing PXSX, we need to remove HRUS. Can make this change when I return home.
I have done it myself. But no reaction. Neither Thunderbolt or USB.

I have done it myself. But no reaction. Neither Thunderbolt or USB.
Some questions;
  • Is 5-pin Thunderbolt header cable connected?
  • Do you have a GC-Titan Ridge as well?

Glad to hear it. Was Boot --> CFG-Lock enabled in previous attempts? (Needs to be disabled.)
CFG-Lock was enabled.

I downloaded V3, input the credentials, no changes were made to the Bios and it worked perfectly.

I am using P and E cores enabled with HT disabled.

Not a clue what changed...but I love it.

I have a non flashed Gigabyte Titan TB card and will be testing all Universal Audio and other Thunderbolt equipment tonight.

Someone is doing the application installations at this moment.

I am very appreciative of this community.

Tony.

Soon you'll be seeing people selling their used MSI RX 570 4GB for $700. The craziness continues.
I've actually been thinking about this. I have an RX 570 in my secondary Z390 hack, where I could get by just fine with iGPU.

Back