Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
and globally does the firewire (ie1394a) works ???

oh crazy, good luck with the G5 case. I had mine sitting here but that's past my level ability these days.

Only thing I can't do, which seems to be a huge problem among the board members, is sleep and wake. It goes to sleep but doesn't wake up. I don't care because I don't sleep my computer, I'm either using it or not.

All my USB/firewire work including the front mounted case hub (fractal design R3). This includes esata, fw400, and various USB. I can't say that USB 3.0 works because I have no device to check, but it is recognized as super high speed in the system profiler...so my hope is yes.

Surely keep in touch although the UD4 does have different DSDTs, so I'd follow someone who has that board.

It's been a few weeks since my build, and there were a few SUCCESS posts that have disappeared since, including ANTICHRIST's which was the biggest help. I did run in to a little trouble, and although you have to switch a few things to your BIOS setting, this guide worked well for me: viewtopic.php?f=81&t=29510

I also spent at least 3 weeks on this board, which you seem to be, just reading and reading and reading. That helped a lot when I got started, despite it, as I said earlier, being my first build of a computer ever.

pahoran said:
Cool i just replied to ur other post about the mac bluray player. Thanks for the info, ill consider that. The HDMI is nice cause i was gonna use it with the HD3000 graphics while i save another $200 for the Msi 6870 twin froz ii. Do u mimd if i PM u or keep in touch when I do get it? Im so excited for this build! And alsp will be doing it inside a G5 case!
Also wat settings did u use in Multibeast / iBoot?

Thanks bro!

Ended up with this same board. It's a beauty. Should be ordering and receiving the rest of my parts by next week or 2. I'll keep an eye out for you and your build as well. This will be my first hack build.

For those who use Firewire with this card, could you explain me how you have done it? What are your settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back