Sapphire Vapor-X Radeon HD 5770
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Everyone

I'm in the process of doing research and like the Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 motherboard for its flexibility/price - it is fully loaded and has onboard graphics out (HDMI), but I'm going to get a discrete Sapphire 5770 Vapor-X.

Has anyone else got a Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 and successfully got SL and Lion to run?

This motherboard is in the DSDT database, but only F2 and looking at gigabyte's website, the current BIOS is F3 (released 20/07/2011). Is this going to cause me an issue?

Any other known issues?

Thanks in advance for any help.

P.S. yes I'm a noob and this is my first post :headbang:
P.P.S. This forum/website is awesome!!

I am using a Gigabyte GA Z68XP-UD4 motherboard and I am very satisfied. Everything that I have tested works properly with the exception of sleep. It will not wake up. Notably I do not have any USB 3.0 devices so obviously that has not been tested.

The UD4 motherboard I received had a defective integrated network controller. The LAN port was not recognized under OS X, Windows or the BIOS diagnostics. New Egg swapped it out with no hassle.

I have run both Lion and Snow Leopard. Tried all revisions of BIOS from F1 through F3 and I'm currently using F3 with Lion.

I found that enabling quick boot in BIOS results in reboots when going through the post screen. It will boot, advanced part was through the boot process, reboot again and then load the OS. I recommend leaving this feature off.

Enjoy the adventure.

Have you been able to get the eSATA ports to work?

I do not have any eSata devices to test so I do not know whether the ports work or not.

@iMacRo

Appreciate the quick reply iMacRo and info, especially the tip about not enabling quick boot option in BIOS.

Glad to hear you're running Lion on F3. Are you using the F2 DSDT from tonymac's database?

Thanks

No, when I built my system there was no DSDT for the Z68XP-UD4 in the database so I asked Maldon (at insanelymac.com) for assistance and he created a custom file for me. When I feel adventurous I may try the tonymac file to see if I notice any difference.

Does the firewire work on the motherboard ?

Thanks in advance

im also looking to buy this board with in the next 2-3 weeks, love the looks, i was gonna get the asus p67 deluxe but the looks on the on the gigabyte are just too good to pass up.
What method did u use? a guide maybe? thanks bro

I saved $50 or so by purchasing the UD4-B3. Same board sans HDMI. If you are getting a separate graphics card, weigh that option.

I'm up and running on Snow Leopard/Win7 dual boot with SSDs. Had some troubles initially as it was my first time building a computer, but now it's been solid for a few weeks.

Cool i just replied to ur other post about the mac bluray player. Thanks for the info, ill consider that. The HDMI is nice cause i was gonna use it with the HD3000 graphics while i save another $200 for the Msi 6870 twin froz ii. Do u mimd if i PM u or keep in touch when I do get it? Im so excited for this build! And alsp will be doing it inside a G5 case!
Also wat settings did u use in Multibeast / iBoot?

Thanks bro!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back