Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello guys,

I have recently been having a major problem with my hackintosh running 10.8.3. It freezes every hour, and I mean exactly every hour (It may not be exactly an hour)

What happens is that I get a spinning beachball, the clock and every meter in the menu bar freezes but I can still use apps like Safari for 5-10 seconds and then everything freezes and then I have to kill the machine manually. This even happens when I do nothing and just leave the machine on.

Running 10.8.3 using Clover and Non-DSDT audio on UEFI version 1g.

Thanks in advance

Tobias Timpe

I have the exact same problem. Have you found any answers?

I was having some unexplained freezes on my Z68x-ud3h-b3 build. Being my first (and only build), frustration was abundant ;)

After extensive searching I read at least one comment that someone said it was a desk fan plugged into the surge protector (beyond strange in my humble opinion) Still I started to remove everything from my power bar and the MB that was not needed for the system to run.

On my board (and with my case) I found that the internal SD Card, Multi card reader seemed to be causing problems, and I had tried to setup a COMM port (for a UPS connection) that was a no-go as well....I can't be sure but the USB 3.0 headers on my board are better unused (not an issue I don's have 3.0 equip anyway)

One of the basic rules with troubleshooting would be to change one item at a time. I don't have the patience for that long slow process so I can't say exactly what might be the culprit, however you might want to remove everything that is not critical for a system boot, and run and see if you have any success.

I know this isn't much help, excuse that. Perhaps you'll have more patience to methodically track down the gremlin (s)

I found the solution: If any of you by any chance have a crucial M4 SSD, upgrade the firmware and it should work. I'm testing it now.

I found the solution: If any of you by any chance have a crucial M4 SSD, upgrade the firmware and it should work. I'm testing it now.

How does one upgrade the firmware for the SSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back