Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 F5 issues (cpu temp, frontusb)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4
CPU
i7 2600K
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming 8GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey there,

i quiet successfully build my first Hackintosh, but when i tried to get the last things to work with multibeast, i messed it up by "try n error". Since -x didnt help to get around the kernelpanic and undo my changes, i am now recovering with timemachine via the unibeast dongle and hope that works to get to the point before making these wrong changes.

- I use System Monitor for some hardware informations, also the temperature of the CPU. The application couldnt display this information.
- Like many,i have some front-USB-Ports in my case connected to my Z86XP-UD4 which dont want to work.

What i did for now was repeating the procedure of the multibeast settings from the Unibeast Guide. Now at least i am at the old point, without kernel panics or weird bootloader stucks. thank go - no try n error anymore.

So what do i have to do exactly to solve the last 2 issues ? CPU Temperature Information and Front USB Ports

Thanks for every help.

meniK

ok, i made several changes in multibest before that could have caused the kernel. But now i just wanted to change the Description to a 5,1 MacPro and look who we got there: mr. panic.

So i dont really care about the Description, but it would be great if someone could tell me how to get the 2 point above to work. thanks.

Does nobody have an idea for the front usb ports or how get the cpu informations ? :(

edit / or am i in a wrong section ? Could some mod move this topic to Genrel Tuning ? I think that is where it belongs a bit more. Thanks for any kind of help.

Did you connect any cable from your front USB port to your motherboard?

My front ports work fine when plugged into a usb2. header in my Mobo. Make sure they are on in the BIOS. I used the Port next to the firewire port on the bottom. As for usb3, my case doesn't have usb 3 up front (HAF 922)

As for CPU Temp, Make sure FakeSMC has the extensions(Motherboard) enabled when running MultiBeast. This will enable thermal monitoring.

Hope it helps. From what I see, we are very similar hardware setups.

Edit: Do not use the Mac Pro 5,1 Profile (Which is causing your panics.) Stick with 3,1 Or use iMac 12,2. (Which I use.)

thanks for the answers.

frontpanel/ports:
sure it connected correctly, thats the first thing you check. im gonna test it in windows now.
they are usb3 but my back usb3 are working fine with the drivers from multibeast. i use this Corsair Carbide 300R Case http://www.corsair.com/carbide-series-300r-compact-pc-gaming-case.html

http://www.corsair.com/media/catalog/pr ... ectors.png
the frontpanel is connect via this (the very left) multi cable, sry havent seen that before, so theres only one port where it fits on my Z68XP-UD4.

temp:
gonna test the fakesmc also now. i discovered it by now, but if you're using it, it should good to go. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back