Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 rev 1.3 U1H Bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something went missing...

Hmmm... it looks like the forum conversion caused the first post to vanish. It's a shame because there was good info there.

Not much longer to wait for ML. I'm hoping that ML and the new U1h bios will play nice.

Everything is working for me except audio. I deleted in s/l/e AppleHDA and HDAenabler then installed the non-DSDT HDA889 and the patched AppleHDA. Also tried unified device injector with rollback. Obviously I'm doing something wrong or have a kext that still needs deleting.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I only had to select "Internal Speakers" in the audio pref pane to get it to work

Updated to UEFI u1h my GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (rev 1.0) and successfuly installed Moutain Lion (unibeast).
Bios is loaded as default, I only changed AHCI and setted RAM to profile1.
I run without DSDT but with SSDT from multibeast.
Boot is faster, geekbench is good (13935), I don't know if pstates are ok (16 17 18 19 21 38), everything works fine expected the graphic card.
My powercolor 6850 scs3 (fanless) seems to break wake from sleep.
I had to define Pithecia as AtiConfig in order to make it works, but with this framebuffer, wake from sleep doesn't work anymore.
With Gibba framebuffer, sleep works, but I've got random cursor freezes and Cinebench result is very low (14 fps).
I think the problem come from Pithecia framebuffer, because Moutain Lion indicates 2 displays (i've got only one), but this framebuffer give me good results in cinebench (48fps).
Any idea how to remove this fake VGA display 800x600?
Thank's

Attachments

• u1h.jpg
    u1h.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 332
Hello everybody,

I have a problem getting to installer on my Z68X-UD3H-B3 ew. 1.3 U1H Bios with Gigabyte GTX 550 Ti on board - it keeps rebooting just before getting into GUI.

On the same board with Bios F12 and Gigabyte HD 6850 the installations stops at white screen with cursor.

Both machines runs well with Lion 10.7.4 though.

I have read a lot of threads trying to find a solution with no luck.
I've seen lots of post about that but no solution.

Any idea?

[Edit]
[SOLVED]
The solution was applying Multibeast with right settings (http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-t...8x-ud3h-b3-rev-1-3-u1h-bios-3.html#post374024) to install USB.

Installed but can't get it to run yet.

Hello everybody,

I have a problem getting to installer on my Z68X-UD3H-B3 ew. 1.3 U1H Bios with Gigabyte GTX 550 Ti on board - it keeps rebooting just before getting into GUI.

On the same board with Bios F12 and Gigabyte HD 6850 the installations stops at white screen with cursor.

Both machines runs well with Lion 10.7.4 though.

I have read a lot of threads trying to find a solution with no luck.
I've seen lots of post about that but no solution.

Any idea?
I don't know about the first Q but with the 2nd one, if you only get to a white/grey screen, could it be that your Graphics Enabler needs to be set to 'NO'?

it needs to be set to Yes or it will reboot.

I have already tried GraphicsEnabler and also PCIRootUID on both builds with no luck.

it needs to be set to Yes or it will reboot.

Maybe on your card it has to be set to 'Yes', on my card (Maczor has similar) it has to be set to 'NO', or else I'll just get to the blank greyish screen.

But I suppose Maczor gets blank screen screen with cursor which brings back a memory when the cmos battery would be run down on the old power macs.

So I decided since I want to prep for ML...

I updated to U1H tonight, and all I had to do was remove DSDT and reinstall the non-dsdt hda for audio and im back in business, my Geekbench is about 2000 higher at factory multiplier.

Kinda bummed im stuck at 3800mhz but until we can overclock o well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back