Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 rev 1.3 U1H Bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I was curious myself so I installed it on a separate drive.

Basically runs fine and geekbench shows pretty much identical scores as with Lion.

All the same small issues remain. Only 2 p-states (with MacPro5,1 smbios); You can't OC; and Apple Aluminum kb/mouse will not resume from sleep (except it now hangs the system when waking from kb). Waking from the power button still works fine. Had to work around some issues to get the 6870 working, but per forum rules I will not detail those.

I think the small issues for Lion will be resolved with the production UEFI release. Then the folks that know how to massage dsdt's will work on the USB and CPU p-states/OC.

xc68000 said:
Well, I was curious myself so I installed it on a separate drive.

Basically runs fine and geekbench shows pretty much identical scores as with Lion.

All the same small issues remain. Only 2 p-states (with MacPro5,1 smbios); You can't OC; and Apple Aluminum kb/mouse will not resume from sleep (except it now hangs the system when waking from kb). Waking from the power button still works fine. Had to work around some issues to get the 6870 working, but per forum rules I will not detail those.

I think the small issues for Lion will be resolved with the production UEFI release. Then the folks that know how to massage dsdt's will work on the USB and CPU p-states/OC.
Did you use the SSDT from Multibeast ? without it i have p-states errors.But with it i have absolutly no problems runs like a real mac pro :D Maybe your wake problems are from your 6870 ? Like i said sleep works perfect for me and also no usb issues after wake :headbang:

I have found that on the F12 bios that if I run any Mac Mini smbios that I get popping in the analog audio out (normal speakers).

From my searches I found that people say the audio "goes to sleep"

So I end up having to use the Mac Pro stuff..

Is it the same issues on the U1h bios?

I tried it on F12 (I haven't updated to U1h yet) and it does the same thing as other mac mini smbios def.'s.

It pops after sound has been idle a few minutes.

I was mainly just curious if it doesn't pop (and you confirmed it doesn't with your answer!)

So now once over clocking gets fixed i'll upgrade to UEFI ;)

Thanks for posting your smbios. I tried it and did indeed see more p-states, however it didn't do anything for my AA keyboard going away after resume. Still have to unplug/replug.

Haven't seen popping audio on this board. I suggest reloading the Non-DSDT HDAEnabler for 889 and the patched 889 kext from the latest multibeast (4.6.1).

ghorwith said:
Similar to what Pixelgazer did, here's a [temporary] fix to overclock using the beta UEFI U1h bios. Note: I use the standard Mac Pro 3,1 definition.

Bios settings:

Advanced Frequency Settings --> Advanced CPU Core Features
CPU Clock Ratio [42]
Intel Turbo Boost Technology [Enabled]
Turbo Ratio CPU1 [42]
Turbo Ratio CPU2 [42]
Turbo Ratio CPU3 [41]
Turbo Ratio CPU4 [42]
CPU EIST Function [Enabled]

Rename the attached SSDT-Z68X-UD3H-B3-UEFI1h to SSDT.aml and place it in /Extra

I get a Geekbench (32-bit version) score of ~10400

Confirming this approach can be used to go higher as well. I used a SSDT for 4.5 ghz and set the Clock Ratio to 45 and Turbo to 45/45/44/45 which gives me a 4.4ghz OC on my 2700k. Still only 2 p-states with my setup, 16x and 44x. Strangely MSReporter shows the occational 45x p-state, but HWMonitor shows 44 for all cores.

64bit Geekbench is at 15850 which I think falls in the 4.4ghz range. A bit dissapointing since I was getting 14010 with 3.9ghz.

Hi!
Here's a clipping from the post:
"BIOS - frequency
EIST [Enabled]
Turbo [Enabled]
CPU1 [42]
CPU2 [42]
CPU3 [41]
CPU4 [42]

BIOS - Voltages
All AUTO "
In general, I found Lion 10.7.4, multibeast settings:
1.user dsdt;
2. non-dsdt HDA enabler;
3.DSDT overcklock for i5/i7;
4.fakeSMS patched for motherboards + hwmonitor.
5. IOachiblock stotage;
6.Trim enabler.
Mac model is MacPro 3.1
Set up the BIOS settings as shown above in the end, I have the 4.1 Ghz under load.

But what is said - with Leo boot on the second lag. Only now is some lag when scrolling through the dokbar. Not a smooth increase, but when load it all ok ..
Also, I saw that the frequency of CPU in the BIOS is constantly changing in the 20-30 MHz, but the surprise that periodically changes the frequency of memory, so I had to fix the value for memory multiplayer - 1866!

If I put the value CPU1/ CPU2/ CPU3/ CPU4 = "auto" -running only 1600mhz In geekbench.The same thing if I set CPU1/ CPU2/ CPU3/ CPU4 = "4200"!

What could it be?
I think there are lags in the prime of a small processor speed or video HD3000. But I also want to add, if I'm disable EIST - everything works perfectly, but the work p-state is only available 1600-4100 ..
I found here on the forum also:
Thank you for clarification MacMan

If anyone is interested, here are my SSDT patches for:

i5 2500k 4.5GHz
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/769537/i5-2500k-4500ghz.aml

i5 2500k 4.6GHz
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/769537/i5-2500k-4600ghz.aml

I am personally running mine at 4.2GHz with Multibeast SSDT - i like seeing "About this Mac to report the correct frequency", so try at your own risk.

But, what value I will need to be specified for i5 2500K 4500Mhz SSDT? Are:
CPU 1 = 45
CPU 2 = 45
CPU 3 = 44
CPU 4 = 45

or not??

Please help me understand - why there are lags? Maybe I should make a patch in the multibeast:
AppleCpuPowerManagment patch?
Also advise how to be overclocked to 4.5 Ghz?

Thank's.

U1H *generally* working very well with my build.

Waking from sleep was totally broken; turns out my PCIe Firewire card was causing the system to hang on wake. If you are experiencing hangs or other odd behavior related to sleep I would advise you to check your add-in cards, etc. for conflicts.

The only issue I now have (aside from shopping for a new Firewire card) is that the new BIOS has introduced me to the joy of the Gigabyte boot-loop problem. I am told that this can frequently be attributed to the primary BIOS being different than the backup BIOS, but can find no help whatsoever for flashing the backup BIOS to U1H as well. Maybe the backup BIOS was flashed at the same time as the primary and something else is amiss. /shrug

It's infrequent, and my cold-boots are infrequent, so I'm not to put out by it right now. It is a little frustrating, however, as I'd managed to avoid this issue until upgrading to U1H. :confused:

I succesfuly updated to UEFI U1h on my GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3. Fater boot times and PERFECT sleep/wake!

One problem only: I use an Apple Wireless Keyboard via a Belkin Bluetooth dongle (like this http://www.frys.com/product/5756272?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG.

After the upgrade, I cannot use the F-keys as they are normally on Mac (volume up/down, play, pause, etc). Also the Fn key seems to be not working.

I checked the configs on System Preferences, and all is correctly configured to have the standard-Mac keys instead of the Function keys (unchecked check box on Keyboard PrefPane).

Anyone experienced something like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back