Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 10.7.3 update - no sound [SOLVED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 10.7.3 update - no sound

Hi guys,

I've got the same issue.
I did a fresh install from 10.7.3 and I'm stuck with the "No output device found" window like d11rod.
HDA rollback done with Multibeast as you described.
I haven't the mentioned files in my extensions:

HDAEnabler888b.kext
HDAEnabler889a.kext
HDAEnabler888.kext
HDAEnabler889.kext
HDAEnabler892.kext

so I really haven't got anything to delete and reinstall.
I already reinstalled the system 4 times, and I think it could be some issue from a fresh install.
Any clue?

Many thanks.

Ema

Are you sure you are looking in the correct folder?

If not idd's audio post will correct the sound issue but you should be able to achieve sound using those options the OP used.

Iama--

Using terminal, go into your /system/library/extensions directory and do an "ls".

Paste the results here and I'll do a diff on what I have there.

Di11rod

Does anyone know how to get HDMI audio working? I'm using 10.7.2 with a XFX HD6870 hdmi card. I have Rollback and ALC*...HDA selected. Audio is working in the output speaker but it is very, very low.

Thanks.

zeltacom said:
Does anyone know how to get HDMI audio working? I'm using 10.7.2 with a XFX HD6870 hdmi card. I have Rollback and ALC*...HDA selected. Audio is working in the output speaker but it is very, very low.

Thanks.

You need to make edits for audio through HDMI.

Check the HDMI Audio section on here for more info on making DSDT edits.

I had the same problem and just tried the above advice and it worked :D

I got the same motherboard z68x-ud3h-b3 and got the sound to work after following the instructions here. Thank you. My issue is the i noticed the sound is stereo only. Is there a way to get 5.1 surround sound? I am using analog connection (black, green, orange) and can do optical as well, but still only stereo.

aznking83 said:
I got the same motherboard z68x-ud3h-b3 and got the sound to work after following the instructions here. Thank you. My issue is the i noticed the sound is stereo only. Is there a way to get 5.1 surround sound? I am using analog connection (black, green, orange) and can do optical as well, but still only stereo.
I am also wondering the same thing did you find a fix?

Will try this out tonight, from reading the post, it seems that even thought 5.1 works, it's still iffy for some ppl, but hearing is not as doing so i will test it this weekend and report back.

...Updating
It's 2:00 am, and yeah, i'm the kind who get it done or else no sleep. Followed the guide, didn't read through the rest of the trouble people have yet, but i have 1 issue and notes.
The volume control at the status bar(near clock) cannot use to adjust volume. I have to use the external volume adjuster that came with the speakers. The note is that my mobo, the black plug have to plug in the gray port for rear speakers to work without other settings. Also, this sounds like all channel stereo rather than true 5.1. Will mess around tomorrow after some sleep.

Update 2,
It's working now, they guide is good. U'll have to play around with the ports in the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back