Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3/HD3000 HDMI doesnt work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68MA
CPU
i3-2105
Graphics
8400GS
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have this config running mountain lion, works fine with my 8400GS or HD3000 if using DVI...on HDMI, the HD3000 will boot, but only if i choose GraphicsEnabler=No..and then its only 1024X768 and the GPU is not detected...if i dont do GE=No then HD3000 on HDMI will just freeze on boot..

With DVI, HD3000 works perfectly, full 1920X1080 res, full qe/ci etc....id like to eventually get HDMI to work on my monitor and eventually the HDMI audio as well if possible (my monitor has built in speakers)

I have this config running mountain lion, works fine with my 8400GS or HD3000 if using DVI...on HDMI, the HD3000 will boot, but only if i choose GraphicsEnabler=No..and then its only 1024X768 and the GPU is not detected...if i dont do GE=No then HD3000 on HDMI will just freeze on boot..

With DVI, HD3000 works perfectly, full 1920X1080 res, full qe/ci etc....id like to eventually get HDMI to work on my monitor and eventually the HDMI audio as well if possible (my monitor has built in speakers)

I wrote a guide for a similar system using HDMI. http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...0-hd3000-graphics-w-hdmi-audio-app-store.html

Maybe try using the DSDT I posted there. Back up yours first, of course.

hey erik, thx, yeah i was the 1st guy to post in that thread i believe...i'm on a DSDT-less solution right now...but if a DSDT is mandatory to get the HD3000 to work with HDMI, ill pass on it for now.

hey erik, thx, yeah i was the 1st guy to post in that thread i believe...i'm on a DSDT-less solution right now...but if a DSDT is mandatory to get the HD3000 to work with HDMI, ill pass on it for now.

Ah. Ha -- sorry!

I have no idea how to proceed then. I followed Toleda's guides, which are manageable but quite involved, to get the HDMI functioning correctly. Which basically involved lots of DSDT edits + the kext included in Multibeast. I imagine that the trick will be getting the framebuffer ports, etc. sorted out, which the DSDT does. But not sure how you'd go ahead with that otherwise.

I really wanted the HDMI so I could have audio with only one cable to my TV, which is why I figured it out. If you don't have that need, it's probably not worth the trouble!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back