Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3+EVGA GTX650 (working DSDT FREE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have audio after sleep? I used Toleda fix via script and original AppleHDA.kext

This should fix audio after sleep http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/146465-no-onboard-audio-after-wake-sleep.html#post907952 but its hacky and not optimal.

I do have audio after sleep with the Toleda fix for Clover - (My codec is 3 for ALC889)

My sleep does not work perfectly though. My box wakes itself up by spinning up the fans every once in a while (couple of times an hour) and sometimes it will only wake up with a power button press.

However I have persistent audio through sleep cycles and reboots.

*1 Edit* I did disable all IGFX though - so I have no working HDMI audio only onboard audio. I did not even attempt it because my CPU is HD3000 and has the bad ID problem which is not elegantly fixed by Clover (Its a DSDT edit and I am not running a DSDT right now)...

~Staypuft

I am still on f9 bios, hd3000 graphics only; I was able to install with unibeast, but have lost audio with sleep and the old method of using multibeast 6.1 kext doesn't seem to be working for me in yosemite.

for some reason i cannot get a reliable working clover usb boot nor install from clover usb drive. does anyone have a working config.plist for a BIOS/integrated graphics install? I have my file attached...

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.4 KB · Views: 193
I am still on f9 bios, hd3000 graphics only; I was able to install with unibeast, but have lost audio with sleep and the old method of using multibeast 6.1 kext doesn't seem to be working for me in yosemite.

for some reason i cannot get a reliable working clover usb boot nor install from clover usb drive. does anyone have a working config.plist for a BIOS/integrated graphics install? I have my file attached...

Hey: Sorry to hear about your troubles.. buy may i suggest some things..
-1 upgrade bios to uefi (it solved alot of issues for me sleep is the biggest i even used a sleep enabler kext back in the day of ML)
-2 Clover has its ups and downs.. its in Beta and does not have all of its bugs fixed (i do understand the imessages issue i dont use imessages / facetime) so for me it doesnt matter..
-3rd Audio works 99% of the time with multibeast (for me its broken a few x) and when audio doesnt work i put the comp back in to sleep and re awake it and its back no need to reboot)

Also if your using dsdt u dont have to with the uefi bios :)

GL :)

Here is the problem - to get HD3000 working with Clover you have to have a DSDT edit. You cannot have sound working with Toleda unless you get HD3000 HDMI + Audio working correctly on Clover with DSDT.

In fact in Chameleon to get Audio working I had to have DSDT. So you need to get your DSDT set and get that built in order to solve your problem. Boot with Chameleon until you get your DSDT right and the move that into your clover install.

Does anybody have issue with the mouse with Yosemite and clover boot loader ? My mouse behaves pretty strange. it moves ok but then it's pause then move again. I didn't see the issue in Maverick. I have the Logitech Anywhere MX mouse.
Thanks,

ttb

Elite2K, why EvoReboot?

I got my installer working. Manually added the kernel as Mach_Kernel and it started to work. I also wanted MBR which I wasnt allowed to ask for help on ;)

Elite2K, why EvoReboot?

I got my installer working. Manually added the kernel as Mach_Kernel and it started to work. I also wanted MBR which I wasnt allowed to ask for help on ;)

Glad that works for you i used it to get the shutdown working without it the computer would not shut down.. your method works as well but for people who just want to click and install the settings and have there hack working its convenient :)

thanks to above posts for comments. yes, I have tried UEFI, maybe it was because I tried version1c, but I had some problems with sleep, so I went back to bios. yes, i have a very proven dsdt that gives me hdmi audio and no video artifacts. ultimately I wanted to try clover because, well, isn't tinkering the reason why we have these machines in the first place???

my last ditch effort was to not use the hfs kext in clover. amazingly, it now works "great". facetime/imessage/appstore/audio/sleep/audio after sleep are all working 100%. my boot may be sightly slower than uefi system, but it is too good to mess with now.

Hi all

I have the Z68MA-D2H-B3 board but I have some very big problems getting Yosemite to even run.

First i started with BIOS F10 - I could start the installer at boot Yosemite from the USB drive, but after MultiBeast setup i wasn't able to boot it - just hang with a gray screen (probably missing root device)

I then updated to UEFI (U1B i think its called) using the files from OP - but now i'm not even able to finish setup, as it gives me a kernel panic when it's around halfway through the installation.

Do you have any suggestions?

Hi rune_grøn,

Try unplugging everything not needed during installation, keeping just the board (reset BIOS, config according to the guide by Elite2K), one RAM module, GPU, one empty HDD, keyboard and mouse.

Let us know what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back