Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490i ITX / 10700K / Opencore 0.5.9 / Catalina 15.5.7 / A4 iTX Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on Big Sur 11.0.1 with no SSDT-PMC.aml. EFI attached.
What Z490i Aorus Ultra BIOS version do you use? I got problem boot to windows 10 after update BIOS :(

Last edited:
I'm on F6. I saw that F-21 (or something) is out now, but I'm too scared to update :)
Yes, I am on F20b BIOS. Previously I use DSDT, after update BIOS, I can boot to windows. I tried to use your EFI (SSDT), then it works boot to windows 10. But when going to sleep on hackintosh, I cannot wake by pressing wireless keyboard or mouse? How about yours? Thanks

I actually disabled that because mine wouldn’t sleep due to the WiFi/Bluetooth card in the m.2 slot powered by the USB header in the motherboard. You should be able to reenable it pretty easily. Post about disabling it is here - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/gigabyte-z90-aorus-master-internal-usb-sleep-problem.306804/
Success wake from sleep by deleting GRPW patch from config, also delete GRPW.aml from ACPI. My build using internal WiFi (Intel AX201). Thanks dude

Success wake from sleep by deleting GRPW patch from config, also delete GRPW.aml from ACPI. My build using internal WiFi (Intel AX201). Thanks dude
That's awesome!

Just to confirm, you updated your bios after you were running MacOS? I'd really like to update mine (nice to keep everything updated), but like I said before, I'm a bit scared of updating it in fear that I might hose my Hackintosh.

Hey guys I wondering to build mini-ATX build again and thinking about this motherboard, does Monterey working fine on this board? Is there any other option to install BCM94360CD WiFi card without occupying M.2 slot?

Hey guys I wondering to build mini-ATX build again and thinking about this motherboard, does Monterey working fine on this board? Is there any other option to install BCM94360CD WiFi card without occupying M.2 slot?
Monterey or Ventura is working on this motherboard.
For replacing with other wifi card, seems nope without occupying m2 slot

First of all, thanks to philipjdall for the details about using the same motherboard for the setup and providing the EFI files

My previous hackintosh was built in 2015 with Gigabyte GA-Gaming3 MATX and Intel 4790K, GTX-980Ti (changed to RX580 later-on), it was working fine but I want to shrink the size of the desktop so I tried to build a new one with smallest possible chassis using iTX board.

Here is the configuration
  • Gigabyte Z490I Aorus Ultra ITX Motherboard
  • Intel 10700K processor
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200MHz
  • BCM94360CD with M.2 adaptor
  • HIS RX 580 IceQ X² OC 8GB
  • 512GB SSD from old device
  • Corsair SF750 Platinum power supply (with custom made cables)
  • Noctua NH-L12S cpu fan, Noctua case fans
  • A4 10L size iTX Case
Working
  • Everything - Ethernet, wifi, bluetooth, audio, USB, Sidecar, Handoff, Airdrop with the EFI files from philipjdall without any changes
Not working
  • Apple TV, Netflix with Safari (Chrome is ok)
Points to note
Building with smallest chassis and iTX board will have some challenges including the installation of the BCM94360CD card, antenna connection and cabling arrangement.

For the BCM94360CD card, it is a bit wider than the M.2 slot at the back of the motherboard so it is not stay flat on the board, I used some double size 3M tape to fix it. Using BCM94360CS2 may be better.
View attachment 493044 View attachment 493045

For the wifi/bluetooth antenna, I do not want to remove the existing wifi/bluetooth card from the mother board and route the BCM94360 antenna cable to the original backplate. I purchased some FPC antenna with correct connector (IPEX1 for BCM94360CD) and stick those FPC antenna at the top of the case near the case fan. Bluetooth /Wifi Reception may not be the best but as I use Ethernet and bluetooth is only used for airdrop / airpod etc. Speed is not a concern to me as long as it works.

View attachment 493061 View attachment 493053

I have also bought an internal USB3 -> USB2 connector to connect the BCM94360CD to avoid sleep problem

View attachment 493064

Benchmark

View attachment 493063

View attachment 493062

Final look
View attachment 493055View attachment 493059
Hi , where did you plug the converter usb3 to usb 2 on the motherboard? And where did you buy it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back