Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

@JoanSilva17 Is everything working as it should now or not? If you use the EFI folder I uploaded with the DMAR delete rule and the loading of the modified DMAR table enabled, everything should work.

@counterfactual Look out for I225Mod.zip and follow the instructions, delete all i225-v related device properties and uncheck all Fake-kexts.

Last edited:
Sorry, I had a mini vacation. Everything worked! I tried the recommended EFI, which there, from what I understand, was the DMAR SSDT modifier. But I swear I'll try. I must have done it wrong, but I would like to clear up some doubts. Despite using disableiomappermapping, should I also Delete the ssdt dmar and inject the modified?

@CaseySJ
Hello @JoanSilva17

Yes we need to delete the system DMAR and inject the modified SSDT-DMAR. The 4-step procedure is mentioned in the link I provided in previous reply.

@counterfactual,

The jump from Catalina to Ventura is a fairly big one, which can cause crashes and other problems due to legacy software.

I would suggest doing a fresh, clean install of Ventura. Test it for several hours to make sure it’s stable. Then install your apps one by one (and re-license them if needed; and de-license them from Catalina). Finally, use Finder to copy all existing files and folders.

I would avoid Migration Assistant because whatever gremlin is causing the crashes today may get migrated to the new system.

Hello! I have OC 0.9.1 and Ventura 13.3.1 and using the built-in Intel Bluetooth, not Fenvi. I am trying to connect my PS4 controller wireless via bluebottle but Ventura is not able to detect it. Otherwise, I am able to connect other Bluetooth devices like the Apple Trackpad, Apple mouse, Bluetooth headset.

I tried connecting my PS4 controller to my MacBook Air and the Air is able to detect it and also my iPhone and iPad can detect it.

I also have a Logitech F710 controller which I use with my system. It comes with its own Bluetooth dongle. The strange thing is, my game is able to detect it, connect to it, and use it but connecting to it directly using the Bluetooth in System Preferences doesn't work. It only shows up as a device but I am unable to connect to it.

Could these all be because of the Intel Bluetooth? I mean, like Airdrop etc requires the Fenvi to work?

Thanks!

The jump from Catalina to Ventura is a fairly big one, which can cause crashes and other problems due to legacy software.
I would suggest doing a fresh, clean install of Ventura.
Thanks for your reply, @CaseySJ . I've followed your suggestion and proceeded with a totally fresh installation of Ventura v13.4. All seems okay—but I have not been able to test it for very long because my native Intel bluetooth is not working in Ventura.

I have been hitting my head against the wall for the last ten hours or so, and I hope you'll be able to steer me in the right direction.

- Bluetooth works great in my Catalina installation with the exact same OC 0.9.2 EFI config
- WiFi from AirportItlwm.kext works great in Ventura

Here's what I have done:
Per instructions from the main OpenIntelWireless docs for installations newer than Monterey
- Installed latest IntelBTPatcher.kext, IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext, and BlueToolFixup.kext
- Excluded IntelBluetoothInjector.kext

I have tried each of SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V2-INTEL-BT.aml and V3 in turn, as well as trying my own SSDT (from back when you and I were among the first folks trying to get this running).

As suggested here, I confirmed that the Bluetooth device shows up in About This Mac → System Report → USB.

And then I used IORegistryExplorer to inspect the device and as I watched I saw that new IOBluetoothHCIUserClient items were being spawned and then scratched out in red. By contrast, in my working Catalina install, these items are not red, and they also don't seem to have the boolean IOUserClientDefaultLocking.

So, near my wits end, would be very grateful for your suggestions!

1684888008354.png
1684887885551.png

1684885001848.png

Attachments

• anonymized-config.plist
    32 KB · Views: 16
  • Screen Shot 2023-05-23 at 8.34.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-23 at 8.34.42 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • Screen Shot 2023-05-23 at 8.34.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-23 at 8.34.17 PM.png
    825 KB · Views: 14
@counterfactual,

Unfortunately Intel Bluetooth does not work in latest Ventura due to problem with BlueToolFixup. We can use Fenvi FV-T919 instead.

o_O this is difficult news. Mind pointing me to the source so that I can keep track of the progress? Thanks for your reply, @CaseySJ.

Just had to get a new case to fit 6950 and dealing again with fan and AIO cooling connections.
Re-reading this
Due to some limitations, however, the Vision-D's first 5 fan connectors should be used -- and used in order. Avoid using Fan Headers 6 and above, and do not skip a fan header. For example, if the system has 3 fans, they should start with header 1 and be connected to consecutive fan headers 1, 2, 3. Each fan header is labeled on the board. Fans are regulated by BIOS/firmware during boot, but transition to macOS seamlessly, which spins them down slightly and automatically for silent operation.
Makes sense, but how do we know which headers corespond to these raw numbers?

e.g does CPU_FAN = FAN1? or is SYS_FAN1 = FAN1?
What number is CPU_OPT? (my AIO cooler has 2 separate fans so I'm using these 2)
Is it important which kind of header the AIO pump is connected to? (min is just a 3 pin, no USB app, so it needs PWM sent to it)

@counterfactual You did the upgrade to Ventura with all fake-kexts enabled and everything is working with them?

Back