Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Unlikely. With the release of Big Sur, Catalina has entered "Security Support" which means no more new features including new hardware support. That has been the mode that Apple operates for the last few years and I don't expect things to be different this time.

If the RX 6000 series will have support it will be for Big Sur only.
That’s a shame. There’s still a few issues compatibility-wise with Big Sur that prevents me making the jump fully.

In that case, when we hide a GPU via SSDT, will that card just run at idle while we use MacOS? I’m wondering if I can get away with not having to buy a bigger PSU as I would only be using one GPU at a time.

Edit: Is there any way it could be faked?

Last edited:
My motherboard is Gigabyte Aorus Z490 Ultra. This will work for me?

My motherboard is Gigabyte Aorus Z490 Ultra. This will work for me?
With some modifications it will work:
  • Create a custom USB port Map. Please see Post Installation --> General Help for a beginner's guide to creating a USB port map.
  • Also search this thread for keyword "AORUS" or click here for search results.

Hi,

I have a success story using Gigabyte Z490 Vision D / i10850k / RX 5500XT and 0.6.3 guide.

You have to use kernel patch from https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/901

Then I updated to 0.6.4 and tried to update to Big Sur. It worked perfectly, but... Now I have random freezes after successful startup (looks the same as in this post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...olt-3-i5-10400-amd-rx-580.298642/post-2192263)

@MusicMac have you found any other way than disabling iCloud to fix this problem?

Help!

I have the exact same build thanks to CaseySJ but since today my computer won’t get past the apple logo loading screen.
B7002FD9-495D-4EB2-B79C-D0E033353C24.jpeg

It’s stuck on error code b1:

6B4A1FBB-BCD1-4E54-90C5-A8AFF14D7C95.jpeg

I’m kinda panicking because it contains a music project I have a deadline for on monday :(

Anyone knows what to do here? Help is much appreciated. Thanks!!!

Help!

I have the exact same build thanks to CaseySJ but since today my comuter won’t get past the apple logo loading screen. View attachment 500820
It’s stuck on error code b1:

View attachment 500821
I’m kinda panicking because it contains a music project I have a deadline for on monday :(

Anyone knows what to do here? Help is much appreciated. Thanks!!!
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

Thanks for the reminder! Just did. Hope someone can help!

Hi @CaseySJ

I seem to have encountered a bit of an issue during my Big Sur update. I upgraded my openCore to 0.6.4 last week and all seemed stable, so I figured I'd give Big Sur a go as it's been very stable on my actual Mac. I tested my backup before installing and all seemed fine, however when the installer asked to reboot I had a very grainy screen which then went to the apple logo with no progress bar. I've tried rebooting several times and I don't seem to get any further on either my main drive or my backup. I've tried resetting the NVRAM and booting from the USB drive I used when changing my OpenCore version the other week.

I've attached the config.plist and the tree output of the EFI Partition (happy to provide any other content you think might help). There is very little on the main drive, so I'm not losing much if I have to do a fresh install. I'm puzzled at why my backup won't boot, when it literally worked this morning before trying the Big Sur update.

Any help is massively appreciated,

Cheers
Sam

Attachments

• config.plist
    27.4 KB · Views: 36
  • files-all.txt
    11.1 KB · Views: 51
Boot with your USB, and it should be at least OC 0.6.3 you are using. If so follow the instructions to unlock the register in step 7.
Thank you so much! This worked

Back