Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

"2. Then open config.plist in OpenCore Configurator and change the rename SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V2.aml to SSDT-UIAC-VISION-G-V2.aml in the ACPI section."

CaseySJ, on Modifications for Vision G, I don't see exactly I need to do here with OC 0.6.3(AMD config.plist)

"2. Then open config.plist in OpenCore Configurator and change the rename SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V2.aml to SSDT-UIAC-VISION-G-V2.aml in the ACPI section."

CaseySJ, on Modifications for Vision G, I don't see exactly I need to do here with OC 0.6.3(AMD config.plist)
On the Z490 AORUS we cannot use that SSDT so it may either be deleted or disabled. Instead, create a custom USB port map using the guide I referenced in my previous reply. That guide will generate a USBPorts kext instead of a SSDT.

This has been and continues to be an area of interest. The NZXT H1 and Phanteks Evolv Shift 2 are calling my name, but the ASRock will take a bit of convincing after bad experiences with their ACPI implementation on AMD AM4 platforms.

Have you managed to get a fully working Hackintosh around that board?
Yes everything is working! I get some random black screen crashes but it also happens on windows. Think my RX5700 XT is faulty.

But everything is working on MacOS. Using a 10900K with the AsRock Z490 ITX TB3 on a NCase M1

@CaseySJ any idea if it is possible to run 2 SATA drives in RAID and macOS on an M.2 SSD? Everywhere I look to set up RAID on the Vision D motherboard talks about changing SATA mode to Intel RST Premium as the first thing to do but I understand that mode is not compatible with macOS.

@CaseySJ any idea if it is possible to run 2 SATA drives in RAID and macOS on an M.2 SSD? Everywhere I look to set up RAID on the Vision D motherboard talks about changing SATA mode to Intel RST Premium as the first thing to do but I understand that mode is not compatible with macOS.
I have no problem running RAID by creating software RAID through Disk Utility. On another system I use SoftRAID, but Disk Utility provides RAID functionality at no cost.

thanks a lot @CaseySJ I was trying to avoid software raid to be able to use the drives both in windows and macos (I have them on separate m2 drives). I am assuming if I set up raid with disk utility then in windows those drives would not be accessible.

Hello @DominiqueGormand
  • Do the intake fans work in BIOS and OpenCore?
  • But they stop spinning as soon as macOS boots up?
  • However, the exhaust fans are working properly?

So stupid you can be sometimes (me !...)
I added a couple of hard disks and removed the power supply from the fans to allocate to the disks.
Sometimes you can be really dummy :cool:
Solved !

I was getting random hard crashes in the Vision D using a Radeon VII. Every now and then I’d get random graphical glitches that necessitated a reboot. Sometimes, the computer would boot with a black screen. Ever since Big Sur 11.1 beta1, things became bad. Hard crashes. I clocked down the 10700K to stock and nothing helped. It was crashing even in Windows. Hard crashes. I upgraded to the F7 beta BIOS. Hard crashes. A couple of times, the system didn’t post. I even got a random message trying to post one time: the Vision D said I had a hardware error. I removed the RAM, etc. Nothing was working. I couldn’t use webcams in webex... hard crashes. I couldn’t use Serato... hard crash. Sometimes when I’d resume from sleep, soon after I’d have a hard crash. I thought it was a USB or Thunderbolt problem. But it wasn’t.

I was about to abandon Z490. But, before I did, I noticed I was using just one PCIe power cord with the Radeon VII (my PSU’s PCIe power cords have two plugs). I then plugged a separate PCIe power cord into my modular PSU, such that each 8-pin power port on the Radeon VII has its own PCIe power cord directly connected to the PSU. (I’m using white AsiaHorse cabling inside the white Lian li o11 dynamic xl case.. looks quite nice).

The system has been stable ever since I made this move. Rock solid. Has been up for two weeks. Sleeps just fine, like a baby. I’m getting similar stability to my old MSI Z170.

For those having graphics card problems, maybe if you haven’t already done so, try using two separate PCIe power cords for each power port on your GPU, and see if that helps.

Last edited:
Back