Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

This is correct. HS14 is disabled (internal Intel Bluetooth module).
Just out of interest I also tried using V1 of the SSDT and disabling XCHIPortlimit quirk to see if this made any difference in resolving the sleep issue. It didn't.

Just out of interest I also tried using V1 of the SSDT and disabling XCHIPortlimit quirk to see if this made any difference in resolving the sleep issue. It didn't.
Resolving sleep requires Process of Elimination to identify the offending device. Once identified, we try to see if there's some way to circumvent the problem.

Resolving sleep requires Process of Elimination to identify the offending device. Once identified, we try to see if there's some way to circumvent the problem.
Sure, so far the only way I have been able to get the system to sleep is by unplugging the usb header cable for the bluetooth module. I'm assuming that this means that the Broadcom BT module is the offending device. Having followed Canyondust's suggestion and checking that the USB port types are set to 255 I'm not really sue what else to do now. The Youbo card suggested on post 1 isn't available here in the UK atm but I guess I could try ordering the Fenvi one. As my current card is an apple oem part I suspect the Fenvi is less likely to work though.

On Big Sur we cannot mount the system volume with read/write permission using that command (sudo mount -uw /). The actual procedure is horrendous. It may be good to consider replacing the Corsair Commander Pro.
I've had this problem with the last few Big Sur Betas.

I managed to get Read/Write File access at one point but never got it to work again so I'm still working on this issue. The Corsair Commander Pro Fix mentioned in your Setup Instructions did work at one point. With all the Corsair components that I have purchased, I would rather not ditch my Commander Pro so I really hope that a fix can be found.

I will report back on my findings.

I believe that you need to issue the following in Recovery Mode before even attempting to resolve this problem to get Read/Write System File access. And then there are Snapshots to deal with.

csrutil disable
csrutil authenticated-root disable

Sure, so far the only way I have been able to get the system to sleep is by unplugging the usb header cable for the bluetooth module. I'm assuming that this means that the Broadcom BT module is the offending device. Having followed Canyondust's suggestion and checking that the USB port types are set to 255 I'm not really sue what else to do now. The Youbo card suggested on post 1 isn't available here in the UK atm but I guess I could try ordering the Fenvi one. As my current card is an apple oem part I suspect the Fenvi is less likely to work though.
Three suggestions:
  1. Try moving the WiFi/BT card to a different slot such as the bottom long slot.
  2. We can also enable HS14 (and unplug the USB header from the Apple OEM module) and use OpenIntelWireless drivers for Bluetooth only (skipping the WiFi drivers). This will enable basic Bluetooth capability.
  3. Purchase or borrow an alternative card, whether Fenvi or YOUBO or ABWB. If it does not work, it can be returned.

For anyone willing to try it out, CCC now has a version in beta that can make a bootable backups of the System Volume as well - Version 5.1.23-b2 (6096)

To get it just go to Preferences | Software Update, and tick "Inform me of beta releases", then click on "Check for updates now".
Awesome! I'm testing the beta build now...

UPDATE:
  • If you created a CCC backup task for Big Sur public beta, re-select the Source and Destination disks.
  • Then CCC Beta will present this screen:
Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 4.20.49 PM.png

• Select Allow CCC to erase <name of destination disk>
  • Then begin the Clone task

UPDATE 2:
  • It took a very long time to back up my 115GB Big Sur SSD on the B550 Vision D, but the resulting backup is in fact bootable. This post is from the bootable backup.

Last edited:
I’m in the UK too, and bought this from Amazon. Worked straight out of the box, no kexts needed.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07T9JD93Y/?tag=tonymacx86-21

On Big Sur we cannot mount the system volume with read/write permission using that command (sudo mount -uw /). The actual procedure is horrendous. It may be good to consider replacing the Corsair Commander Pro.
As a partial fix, I am using a Windows VM on Parallels Desktop and then I select Commander Pro to be connected to the VM. Then it is vanishes from Big Sur.
Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 22.23.44.png

I've had this problem with the last few Big Sur Betas.

I managed to get Read/Write File access at one point but never got it to work again so I'm still working on this issue. The Corsair Commander Pro Fix mentioned in your Setup Instructions did work at one point. With all the Corsair components that I have purchased, I would rather not ditch my Commander Pro so I really hope that a fix can be found.

I will report back on my findings.

I believe that you need to issue the following in Recovery Mode before even attempting to resolve this problem to get Read/Write System File access. And then there are Snapshots to deal with.

csrutil disable
csrutil authenticated-root disable
I'll be waiting for your findings.

Back