Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Also try the other supported device IDs: 9BC4 and 9BC8 (but reverse the byte order: C49B and C89B).

Tried 9BC4, no dice. Device path is correct. Although I'm optimistic this board won't deviate too much from the Z490 version, it doesn't hurt to verify.

Been doing a lot of catch-up reading. There's a few other tricks still to try.

Also, in case it's of benefit, here's my Hackintool PCIe readout:

Screen Shot 2020-09-12 at 7.21.17 PM.png

Last edited:
This is the build guide for Z490 Vision D so there's no step for configuring USB ports for a different motherboard. Sleep will not work unless USB ports are properly configured. Please see:

That guide was helpful, many thanks. Used Hackintool to create a custom USBPorts.kext and SSDT files to get to the 15-port USB limit. Rebooted and verified that the changes took. One more step forward.

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to have fixed the sleep issue. I get a "Sleep Wake failure in EFI" error.

Hrmmmm... That causes the system to hang during boot. So much for simple.

Found the problem regarding the iGPU! The device-id had been entered incorrectly in OpenCore. Instead of C59B it needed to be C59B0000. The screenshot below shows it now entered correctly:

Screen Shot 2020-09-12 at 11.30.55 PM.png

...And therefore I have QuickSync!

Screen Shot 2020-09-12 at 11.31.02 PM.png

So I think (fingers crossed) all I've gotta do now is figure out the sleep issue, and then I should be pretty much solid on this build!

Last edited:
BTW, would you please take a photo of i225V chip on the latest motherboard? I want to know the version no.

I didn't manage to get a photo but this is the text on the chip: INTEL S0113LB1 SLNJY
My motherboard revision is 1.1

Step 10: Optionally install NativeBrightnessControl for adjusting brightness via F1/F2 keys
  • Native Brightness Control is supported on most but not all monitors. Monitors with HDMI 1.4/2.0+ and/or DisplayPort 1.1/1.2+ connectors are more likely to be compatible.
  • Download the app from GitHub by clicking here.

NativeBrightnessControl is no longer maintained as of early this year. However, I am having great results with MonitorControl, located here. It also supports multi-monitors, and volume control for HDMI/DP audio as well.

NativeBrightnessControl is no longer maintained as of early this year. However, I am having great results with MonitorControl, located here. It also supports multi-monitors, and volume control for HDMI/DP audio as well.
This was mentioned in an earlier post in this thread. The 3rd item from the bottom of “Troubleshooting / FAQ” in Post 1 contains the same link. Although NativeBrightnessControl is not being supported by the original developer, that does not mean it has stopped working.

Hi CaseySJ, how to configure Deviceproperties? On the left my config.plist with IGPU, on the right Your config.plist with IGPU. How can I configure as Yours? Thanks.

View attachment 488009
Hello @msh

Which motherboard are you using? An AMD GPU is strongly recommended because of numerous issues with iGPU so it’s better not to enable the iGPU.

Back