Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

@one07, @CaseySJ
Gentlemen, If I may so contribute.
We initially purchased two of the aforementioned MQUPIN cards. We experienced most of the issues attached to @one07's system.

Once we acquired the "official" Fenvi, at Amazon, our systems operated flawlessly.
Point of note, they appeared physically identical.

Tony.

Thank you, Tony. That really helps and confirms that I shouldn’t waste my time and order another one. I’ll try to find a seller in Germany or an alternative solution like CaseySJ suggested.

I would suggest disconnecting all devices from the internal USB 2.0 headers except for Fenvi FV-T919. Assuming all goes well after that, please see the issue below regarding Commander Pro. Anyway, if you still encounter installation-related issues, just let us know.

View attachment 481130

Thanks for the advice.

Disconnecting the USB header connecting the Commander Pro etc allowed me to complete the Catalina install.

Now the install is complete, I will try reconnecting and applying the UPS fix.

As a matter of interest, your installation instructions advise placing the Windows NVMe in a particular slot. How can I identify what is installed on each of the two NVMe's in order to decide whether they need moving?

Thanks for the advice.

Disconnecting the USB header connecting the Commander Pro etc allowed me to complete the Catalina install.
Good to know!
As a matter of interest, your installation instructions advise placing the Windows NVMe in a particular slot. How can I identify what is installed on each of the two NVMe's in order to decide whether they need moving?
You're using Corsair MP600 NVMe SSD for Windows. Are you using another Corsair MP600 for macOS, or a different make/model?

If you installed only the Corsair MP600 when installing Windows (and no other NVMe SSD), then that NVMe, of course, contains Windows.

But if two NVMe SSDs were in the system when installing Windows, then you can temporarily remove one of them, boot the computer and see which operating system shows up! (Be sure to turn system off and flip power switch on PSU to off before removing or adding any component to the motherboard. This causes the firmware (BIOS) to proper rescan the system for changes.)

Hi everyone,

I would like to report success as well with everything working as described in the first post.
The Vision D board is a Rev1.1 board from Amazon.

Does anyone know how we could configure the picker back to the text only option?

Regarding the Fenvi Card people are facing issues with.

I am using the following Fenvi card from AliExpress (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32778371977.html) and it is working well for me.

Good to know!

You're using Corsair MP600 NVMe SSD for Windows. Are you using another Corsair MP600 for macOS, or a different make/model?

If you installed only the Corsair MP600 when installing Windows (and no other NVMe SSD), then that NVMe, of course, contains Windows.

But if two NVMe SSDs were in the system when installing Windows, then you can temporarily remove one of them, boot the computer and see which operating system shows up! (Be sure to turn system off and flip power switch on PSU to off before removing or adding any component to the motherboard. This causes the firmware (BIOS) to proper rescan the system for changes.)

Thanks for that. I have two identical Corsair NVMe's so I'll remove one to see what's in which slot.

I have some other strange problems with my setup which I have not come across before.

1) Photos crashes on opening.

2) In System Preferences, Users and Groups, if I try to change the icon associated with my account, I get a 'Preferences Error, There was an error in Users & Groups preferences'.

3) I cannot turn off Verbose Mode in OpenCore even though there is no -v in boot-args. Can this be set anywhere else. I used 'V2-OC-0.5.9-STD-Z490-VISION-D.zip' for my installation.
I currently have 'keepsyms=1 dart=0 debug=0x100 agdpmod=pikera alcid=11 shikigiva=80' in my boot-args.

3) I cannot turn off Verbose Mode in OpenCore even though there is no -v in boot-args. Can this be set anywhere else. I used 'V2-OC-0.5.9-STD-Z490-VISION-D.zip' for my installation.
I currently have 'keepsyms=1 dart=0 debug=0x100 agdpmod=pikera alcid=11 shikigiva=80' in my boot-args.

I encountered this before, try flushing your NVRAM.

It might be a good idea to run Disk Utility --> First Aid on the problem disk (disk3). But also make a full bootable backup before running Disk Utility. Perhaps macOS could not set the startup disk because of the error on disk3 reboot volume (disk3s3).
@CaseySJ I have run the diskutil first aid and an error was detected:
1595327895272.png

I clicked on OK but nothing happened, and I am guessing it is because the disk I am trying to repair id the startup disk. I might have to boot from my backup disk and run a First Aid again on that faulty disk. The only concern is what will happen to that disk. Would it be better to reformat it, Clone the back up on the newly formatted disk and transfer the EFI?
Less risk and at least I can control what's happening? not sure what repair action will do

Regarding the sleep issue, I have managed to fix the issue by installing the GPRW Instant Wake patch (plist and aml) that can be found in the OpenCore post install section.

Finally, the issue with windows all over the place seems to have self correct. No idea why except before, when the Apple logo and progress bar were at boot time was 3/4 through, the screen would go black then a few seconds later the Desktop would be loaded with windows all over the place. Now when the logo and progress bar are at 3/4, the screen goes black for a few seconds, then returns to the logo and progressing bar then when the bar hits 100% the desktop is loaded and the windows are restored correctly.

Thanks for the tip. That did the trick.

The OpenCore Boot screen no longer defaults to Catalina but to Windows. Any idea how to change this?
Please see Troubleshooting / FAQ in Post #1, second item from the end.

Hi everyone,

I would like to report success as well with everything working as described in the first post.
The Vision D board is a Rev1.1 board from Amazon.
Glad to hear it!
Does anyone know how we could configure the picker back to the text only option?
Please see spoiler labeled Explanation of Selected OpenCore Parameters in Post #1, in particular this image. Change Picker Mode from External to Built-In.

Back