Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

For me, it's fixed, too. Before, i've tried it with disabling wake on lan in the bios, but that did not help.
As far as I know, "Wake for Network Access" is something like "enabled by macOS system wake-on-LAN", it overwrites BIOS setting on hackintosh.

Oh, i wrote I219V, but it was the I225-V.

EDIT: Is the USBWakeFixup.kext still needed, even when we have the SSDT-EC.aml?

Last edited:
sorry...please delete

V2 Works well on my side :) ... wake-up now works great ...
Thank you for testing. I'll put SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V2.aml into the formal build guide shortly.

Oh, i wrote I219V, but it was the I225-V.

EDIT: Is the USBWakeFixup.kext still needed, even when we have the SSDT-EC.aml?
Although wake-from-sleep may work without USBWakeFixup, it's still a good idea to use it. If you see the discussion of this on Osy86's GitHub page, you'll see why.

** Three Monitor Experiment **

Just tried an experiment to see if HDMI and DisplayPort connectors on USB-C Hubs and Thunderbolt Docks would work with the Vision D. (My Thunderbolt firmware has been flashed in order to activate Thunderbolt Bus.)

Short Story: Yes absolutely.

Long Story: After switching ig-platform-id to 0x3E9B0007 and rebooting I decided to check if the following would work:
  • USB-C Hub with 8 ports, including an HDMI connector. This is a no-name hub that is fairly common and available under different brand names.
  • Thunderbolt 3 Dock -- Belkin Dock Pro -- with DisplayPort connector.
As we can see in the photos below, both devices are simultaneously connected to the two Thunderbolt 3 ports. And amazingly, both connectors worked.

Additionally, when the HDMI and DisplayPort cables were disconnected one by one, the mouse was correctly confined to only the active displays. Previously, some users reported that the mouse would disappear into a disconnected display.

Wake-from-sleep also works.

IMG_1484_resize.jpg
IMG_1485_resize.jpg
Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 11.09.58 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 11.12.47 AM.png

Last edited:
On my Vision G, if I set configuration of LEDs, for example, by RGB Fusion 2.0 under Windows and set "LEDs turned ON when sleep and soft off", then turned off PC - LEDs is On and configured as I want (only DIMM modules LEDs turned off).

But, when I press power button LEDs resets to default configuration (I think, when BIOS initialize USB devices), and only when system starts (Windows autostarts RGB Fusion, or macOS starts liquidctl script) it activates my LEDs configuration.
Can you test behaviour of Vision D LED controller?

On my Vision G, if I set configuration of LEDs, for example, by RGB Fusion 2.0 under Windows and set "LEDs turned ON when sleep and soft off", then turned off PC - LEDs is On and configured as I want (only DIMM modules LEDs turned off).

But, when I press power button LEDs resets to default configuration (I think, when BIOS initialize USB devices), and only when system starts (Windows autostarts RGB Fusion, or macOS starts liquidctl script) it activates my LEDs configuration.
Can you test behaviour of Vision D LED controller?
I believe Vision D has the same behavior, but I'll double-check soon.

Back