Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Thanks, @CaseySJ! For those following along, here are some more details which have resulted in perfectly working Bluetooth from the onboard AX201 chip.
Awesome, glad to hear it!

Now the big question: Does Handoff work?

Do you know if config-Intel-iGPU.plist would allow an UAD Apollo to work on one port, and display on the other? Is it only media apps with Metal2 acceleration that should crash? Presumably audio apps should work then?
Yes this should be quite possible. I have not tested Logic Pro, but Garage Band is okay, which is a good sign.
I believe I'll need to add -wegnoegpu to keep the nVidia cards in the machine. Can you see any conflicts with config-Intel-iGPU.plist and using the -wegnoegpu flag?
Correct. I do not foresee any conflict between -wegnoegpu and config-Intel-iGPU.plist.

Now the big question: Does Handoff work?

Regrettably not, @CaseySJ. That would have been a boon, for sure, but I'm still very pleased to have a built-in card. Performance has been considerably better than that USB IOGear one I was using before.

Screen Shot 2020-06-19 at 10.45.51 PM.png

@CaseySJ
1. I did't do USB mapping yet. But I check at System Information -> Hardware -> USB, it recognizes USB 3. Does it mean it fully supported USB 3? What will happen if I don't do the USB Mapping. FYI, I got SSDT-EC-USBX and XhciPortLimit = True.
2. I have tried all available layout id for audio but still can't get front headphone jack working. I put in boot arg alcid=1, reboot, connect my headphone and check. Then change the boot arg alcid=3 and repeat the same steps all over again for all layout id. Is this the correct method to check?
3. Will it be any problem if I install Parallel in hackintosh?
Thanks

@CaseySJ
1. I did't do USB mapping yet. But I check at System Information -> Hardware -> USB, it recognizes USB 3. Does it mean it fully supported USB 3? What will happen if I don't do the USB Mapping. FYI, I got SSDT-EC-USBX and XhciPortLimit = True.
2. I have tried all available layout id for audio but still can't get front headphone jack working. I put in boot arg alcid=1, reboot, connect my headphone and check. Then change the boot arg alcid=3 and repeat the same steps all over again for all layout id. Is this the correct method to check?
Thanks

1. With XhciPortLimit quirk and SSDT-EC-USBX, but withous SSDT-UIAC, you must have all USB ports works. But you need to test sleep: is it works, is all USB devices works after wake? If "yes" - you don't need USB mapping.
But you can use Hackintool and make mapping easy: you just need to test each port with USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 device (mouse and USB drive, for example). All unused ports you can remove from SSDT, and set for other ports type of connector.

2. Please, re-check connector on motherboard. It's very strange, with one of layouts it must works.
You test ALL layouts?
Layouts for ALC1220 (list from Hackintool): 1, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 15, 16, 21, 27, 28, 29, 30 ,34, 99

the opencore boot option just wouldt pop up, already did Step 9, in bios moot menu, there's only windows boot drive.
still using flash disk drive to boot for now.
another thing is, the front usb-c is not working back from sleep, it literally lost connection, i have to reconnect the device on it to get it online again. is it needed for me to use V2-OC-0.5.9-STD-Z490-VISION-D.zip ?

Last edited:
the opencore boot option just wouldt pop up, already did Step 9, in bios moot menu, there's only windows boot drive.
still using flash disk drive to boot for now.
Whenever BIOS boot menu does not show all boot drives, try turning the computer off and flipping power switch on PSU to OFF for 10 seconds.
another thing is, the front usb-c is not working back from sleep, it literally lost connection, i have to reconnect the device on it to get it online again. is it needed for me to use V2-OC-0.5.9-STD-Z490-VISION-D.zip ?
It's not necessary to replace the entire OpenCore folder. Instead, just do this:
  • Copy the new SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V2.aml (attached below) into your OpenCore OC/ACPI folder and add an entry for it in config.plist.
  • Then enable XhciPortLimit checkbox in Kernel --> Quirks.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V2.aml
    996 bytes · Views: 89
@CaseySJ
3. Will it be any problem if I install Parallel in hackintosh?
Thanks
Also check the basics:
  • Do you see "Built-In" audio devices in System Information --> Sound?
  • In IORegistryExporer, do you see the HDEF section?

Whenever BIOS boot menu does not show all boot drives, try turning the computer off and flipping power switch on PSU to OFF for 10 seconds.
didnt work, still no mac boot menu, now even 2 windows option(looks the same), seems like the second one is using opencore, but there's no opencore or mac drive option

now when i boot from the flash disk, the first try will go dark with error, after one more reboot, i can enter the system

Attachments

• IMG_2080.jpg
    IMG_2080.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2081.jpg
    IMG_2081.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Back