Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

What language/region is macOS configured for?

it tells me:

Locale: En

and effectively MacOs is working in English. Only keyboard is different.

@tonben,

Was it necessary for you to also specify CPUID in the kernel section of OpenCore config.plist?
@CaseySJ No, I am running both an i7-10700K and an i9-10900k and CPUID modification was not needed in either instance. I did not make any CPUIP changes whatsoever to the Ziped EFI folder you supplied.

Last edited:
Thanks @CaseySJ! That's very helpful.

You're referring to this repo, right? https://github.com/zxystd/IntelBluetoothFirmware May I ask if you've tried it on the Z490?

I've been eagerly watching zxystd's progress and was very pleased to see the AX201 added to the upcoming work.
It has been tested on Designare Z390 (here), but because Handoff/Continuity does not yet work, I've not tried it on the Vision D. It is exciting stuff, however, and the Intel WiFi 6 module on the Vision D is far more advanced than the Broadcom 94360CD on the Fenvi.

it still doesn't work. It does nothing as you can see:
View attachment 476588
it tells me:

Locale: En

and effectively MacOs is working in English. Only keyboard is different.
Please type the following in Terminal and show the result csrutil status. Does it look like this?
Code:
System Integrity Protection status: unknown (Custom Configuration).

Configuration:
    Apple Internal: disabled
    Kext Signing: disabled
    Filesystem Protections: disabled
    Debugging Restrictions: disabled
    DTrace Restrictions: disabled
    NVRAM Protections: disabled
    BaseSystem Verification: disabled

This is an unsupported configuration, likely to break in the future and leave your machine in an unknown state.

Hello, my Z490 vision d motherboard is set like this, BIOS->Settings->Platform Power->ErP->Enabled
Then the computer shuts down, press the power button, the motherboard will start twice, is this the same for you?
For cold boots this is normal. A cold boot is when any of the following takes place:
  • If computer is connected to power strip or UPS and power strip/UPS is turned off
  • Power switch on PSU is flipped to Off postition
  • Power cable is removed from the wall socket

Hey what an AWESOME suggestion!

This (setting CSM Support to Enabled) solved it - I googled a bit about it, indeed some video cards may require legacy BIOS features to work... and as a coincidence all my cards seem to require it. Some graphics cards manufacturers provide firmware upgrades for this but for my Sapphire RX 580 I'd need Win10 to do it which I am not keen on - and I am not even sure that will fix it.

Many thanks for this @CaseySJ and for the awesome guide you put together!

You may want to add a note there around CSM support for poor souls like me who happen to have the wrong video card :)

Update: In the meantime Gigabyte also came back with the same suggestion. Pretty quick turnaround.
Glad to hear it. This has been added to Troubleshooting / FAQ.

Awesome, thanks--I will definitely do that then. I will read over that section again before I attempt.

I actually got spooked initially because I tried tweaking the OS EFI and it didn't boot-- had to use the USB to recover. but at least I was smart enough to keep two backups of my working EFI. In the future for tweaking I will boot from the USB, that's definitely much safer.
The SSDTs in this build guide have since been updated, hence my recommendation to build a new USB boot disk (which also supports the 2.5 Gbps Ethernet port and sets Audio Layout ID to 11). Once the new USB boot disk has been tested, its EFI contents can be copied to the EFI partition of the macOS internal SSD. Then keep the USB boot disk in a safe place for future emergency boot situations.
Has anyone had issues with the 15.5 supplemental update? & is it safe to install it straight from the macOS software update in system prefs? I was hesitant to attempt it after the issues I had with my GPU during initial install.
It should be safe to install the supplemental update directly, but:
  • Make a full backup of the system ahead of time
  • Not sure whether the RX 5700 XT will give you any trouble (hence make the backup first and try with the RX 5700 XT already installed)

hi, coming back Again.
still, cant find igpu anywahere, i tried log-out-icloud stuff, sidecar still wont work. it can perfectly work on my macbook though. in finalcut i cant select igpu either,there's only radeon 7.
and my monitor seems not working properly with this hacintosh, when i boot into the system,at first it's 4K when it's reading progress bar with the Apple logo on,then between in about half of the progress, it turned black and about 2secs later, a 1080P-like logo turned on, then it's the login screen...

and when i use 2 DP cable to connect my monitor, the sys will recognize them as 2 monitor rather than a 4K 144hz one, at the same time, no sound comes out from the monitor, which should be working when i use just one cable.

@CaseySJ comment about Vision G adaptation after testing:
USB needs SSDT-EC-USBX.aml (I sent you this file in ZIP archive) to start all ports correctly without XhciPortLimit quirk, if use only SSDT-EC.aml and SSDT-UIAC-VISION-G-V1.aml only 15 ports works.

Last edited:
Back