Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Thank you for all care @CaseySJ ...

I found this Solution !!! Use BIOS Settings → IOPorts → Thunderbolt → Thunderbold Boot Support to value: Boot once.

Now Apollo x8p works after restart without turn on/off !!!
Glad to hear it. I'll make a note of this in Post #1.

Please try Step 4 from Post #1. Download the OpenCore 0.5.9 zip file (bottom of Post #1) and follow Step 4. If you need help, just ask.
does that mean i have to choose iMac19,1? can i just change my sysinfo in my config.plist? i really dont want to coat the system again,feel like so many things could go wrong...

does that mean i have to choose iMac19,1? can i just change my sysinfo in my config.plist? i really dont want to coat the system again,feel like so many things could go wrong...
If you still have the original SchmuckLord kexts, iGPU will not work unless you replace WhateverGreen with latest version 1.4.0. Because Sidecar relies on iGPU, it won't work unless iGPU works. So focus on getting iGPU working. Then in NVRAM --> Boot Arguments, set shikigva=80.

Hi folks, despite not exactly being a noob to this, I'm bumping into an issue at the Step 8 Installation phase which has me scratching my head.

I completed steps 1 through 7 totally fine, I believe, including updating the bios to version F3.

I disabled CFGLock using the Shell commands to run Boot/Tools/CFGLock.efi

When I boot into the USB drive for the OpenCore installer, I get 2 Options: Install Mac OS and Shell, and so I choose to install. It quickly jumps into the black screen with the Apple logo and loading bar, proceeds for about a minute and then seems to shut down. The screen goes blank, indicates it has lost signal, but the machine itself does not altogether shut down. The board remains on with LED code A0 (which means "IDE Initialization has started")

Here's a quick video of what I mean.

Any ideas?
I'm glad you disable CFGLock.
Remember, when CFGLock is disable you need to:
Disable both AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock under Kernel -> Quirks.

You motherboard have a simple Intel I219-V ethernet adapter, It must work with IntelMausiEthernet.kext in EFI/OC/Kexts and enabled in config.plist

And, if think, you can try to remove from DeviceProperties in config.plist device PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x6) (Intel I219-V) - it must work with kext only

Thank you for your reply.
So based on the following screenshot, the IntelMausi kext should already been enabled, right?

Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 11.59.30 AM.png

I tried to delete the section of PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x6) but it didn't make any difference.

Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 1.05.17 PM.png

I'm also a bit puzzled about deleting PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x6), because this section seems to contain my Ethernet card, while the first one has the Intel 225 Ethernet which I don't have.

Thank you for your reply.
So based on the following screenshot, the IntelMausi kext should already been enabled, right?

View attachment 475676

I tried to delete the section of PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x6) but it didn't make any difference.

View attachment 475689

I'm also a bit puzzled about deleting PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x6), because this section seems to contain my ethernet card, while the first one has the Intel 225 ethernet which I don't have.

In ZIP archive from first post ot this thread IntelMausi kext named IntelMausiEthernet.kext (not IntelMausi.kext), do you install system using Z490-VISION-D-EFI-NDK-058-V2 archive?

In ZIP archive from first post ot this thread IntelMausi kext named IntelMausiEthernet.kext (not IntelMausi.kext), do you install system using Z490-VISION-D-EFI-NDK-058-V2 archive?

Actually I used the one in the 0.5.9 zip. Should I change to the 058 version?

Although I am very hesitant to recommend this, but some owners such as @smashdownbabylon have reported improved UAD compatibility after flashing the Thunderbolt firmware to enable Thunderbolt Bus. Please refer to these two posts:
Why am I hesitant to recommend this procedure?
  • Because flashing Thunderbolt firmware involves risk of electrical and physical damage.
  • Because flashing Thunderbolt firmware is not something to be rushed; it requires several hours of patience.
  • Because all instructions in the Tech Talk section of Post #1 must be read two or three times.
  • Because our eyes must be able to focus clearly at very close range. And we must have steady hands to attach and detach the SOIC clip.
  • Etc.
So it's best to exhaust all other possibilities first. @jiffyslot has been very helpful in these matters.

Thanks Casey.

Hi everybody,

I want to be clear that I didn't flash the Thunderbolt chip on my mobo, but somehow hotswap (I prefer the term powerswap) works with Mojave and the UAD Apollo 8 TB 2. My build (EFI) has evolved over a couple years, and I really don't know what clicked or what was dumb luck.

I'm at the point where I can "build" a hackintosh –even doing the BIOS setup from memory from a set of PC parts, but I don't feel I have a deep understanding of what's really going (programming and code-wise) on the hackintosh aside from using the ready-made tools on TonyMac. But I don't have the knowledge to "roll my own" from nothing with XCode, MaciASL, etc. So, when I post or share a setup or a modded kext, etc., please know that these things are only a slight variation on the work of @jb007 @CaseySJ @kgp @pastrychef and of course @RehabMan.

I'm still on Clover and I'm using an iMP setup, and I'm willing to share the EFI, but I really don't know how this setup is even working. That's why I wanted to run "Instruments" from XCode and try to record how my system is working so that someone can figure out why it's working. But this is the best Mac I've ever had. Ever.

IDK if anyone cares to investigate this, but I wanted to put it out there. The main focus of my machine is running Pro Tools 2020.x with an Apollo 8 Quad, FCPX, and Photoshop CS6, –hence the Mojave.

Actually I used the one in the 0.5.9 zip. Should I change to the 058 version?
Sorry, your version is newer. Hmm, but I think you can try another version.

Last edited:
Back