Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

We can (and should) still use HackinDROM to generate the SSDT. It will enable hot plug on both (a) flashed and (b) un-flashed cards.
hi CaseySJ

I am testing a Gigabyte Titan Ridge 3 TB card, in a Z790 Gigabyte MB. It works from a cold start up, but not hot plug. I made a custom SSDT on Hackindrom using PC00.RP09 (the address seen in the attached pic), but still no go. Can you help?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Titan Ridge Address.png
    Titan Ridge Address.png
    414 KB · Views: 6
hi CaseySJ

I am testing a Gigabyte Titan Ridge 3 TB card, in a Z790 Gigabyte MB. It works from a cold start up, but not hot plug. I made a custom SSDT on Hackindrom using PC00.RP09 (the address seen in the attached pic), but still no go. Can you help?

Thanks!
Hello @BigHack

Please post IOReg file from IORegistryExplorer (File -> Save As…).

XCan someone remind me what to do when hackindrom says my opencore is up to date (0.8.7) when it's not? I updated hackindrom to 2.2.0 but my OC is detected as up to date, and I have no other options.

nevermind. Right - click - UPDATE. lol

IOReg attached.

Thanks!
This is strange...not only does the GC-Titan Ridge not appear in IOReg, but neither do these PCIe root ports:
  • RP05
  • RP09
  • RP21
Root ports stop at RP03. Please post the following:
  • Your Thunderbolt SSDT
  • Screenshot of OpenCore Configurator -> ACPI
Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 12.07.49 PM.png

lol ok here we go. No SSDT applied on this IOREG.

Attachments

• Titan Ridge-No SSDT.ioreg
    6.6 MB · Views: 5
lol ok here we go. No SSDT applied on this IOREG.
This is better; it shows Thunderbolt on RP09. Because RP09 seems to disappear when you enable the SSDT, please post the SSDT. Hot plug will not work until a working SSDT is applied.

Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 5.30.32 PM.png

This is the SSDT I was using. Along with the SSDT.DTGP.

Attachments

• SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM-Z790.aml.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 7
This is the SSDT I was using. Along with the SSDT.DTGP.
Your Thunderbolt controller is on RP09 and the ACPI path starts with PC00. But the current SSDT is using RP21 and PCI0.
Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 7.06.44 PM.png

Please try the attached version in which both of these issues have been fixed.

Attachments

• SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM-Z790.aml
    2.2 KB · Views: 6
Your Thunderbolt controller is on RP09 and the ACPI path starts with PC00. But the current SSDT is using RP21 and PCI0.
View attachment 577940

Hi CaseySJ,

I tried your new SSDT, but no hot plug. Very strange.

Back