Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Yes! That worked! Thank you!! Should I use an iMac 19,1 or iMacPro 1,1? In the guide for 0C 074 you use 19,1 and in OC083 you use iMacPro1,1
Either one is fine, but if you’re already using iMac19,1 it would be best to keep that.

Hmm, I would first reboot the cable modem and then the router.
Thanks.

I have rebooted my Cable Modem and eero Pro Router but still not Internet Connectivity unless I run my VPN.

The VPN provider suggested I change my DNS setting to 8.8.8.8 rather than the Router IP Address but this had no effect either. It was working ok until recently possibly after upgrading to Ventura.

Thanks.

I have rebooted my Cable Modem and eero Pro Router but still not Internet Connectivity unless I run my VPN.

The VPN provider suggested I change my DNS setting to 8.8.8.8 rather than the Router IP Address but this had no effect either. It was working ok until recently possibly after upgrading to Ventura.
Are you using any firewall software? A handful of users reported similar problems, which were attributed to firewall software. Firewalls and/or network blocking software can be present on routers, cable modems, "Pi-Hole" and similar content-filtering software, and on our Macs.

Are you using any firewall software? A handful of users reported similar problems, which were attributed to firewall software. Firewalls and/or network blocking software can be present on routers, cable modems, "Pi-Hole" and similar content-filtering software, and on our Macs.
I am using Little Snitch Network Monitor but even with the Network Filter Off, I am still experiencing the same problem. That means, Little Snitch isn't blocking any connections and it still doesn't work.

I am using Little Snitch Network Monitor but even with the Network Filter Off, I am still experiencing the same problem. That means, Little Snitch isn't blocking any connections and it still doesn't work.
FYI, may or may not be related, but Little Snitch is mentioned.

FYI, may or may not be related, but Little Snitch is mentioned.
Thanks,
I have tried switching the Network Filtering off with no success. I will try uninstalling. It's strange because all works well for an undetermined amount of time and then I suddenly lose Internet Connectivity. Then it is restored after a System Reboot but again all is good for a period of time.

Hey guys, just checking back here and trying to stay up to date (the rapid security response message seems pertinent).

Just wondering if post 1 is still to go-to reference for updates.
i.e I did the HackinDROM update from 0.8.9 to 0.9.1 and it seemed to go ok.

But my problem is, when I try Software Update, it says Ventura 13.2.1 and that I'm 'up to date'.
I don't seem to be able to perform any updates.

Cheers.

Hey guys, just checking back here and trying to stay up to date (the rapid security response message seems pertinent).

Just wondering if post 1 is still to go-to reference for updates.
i.e I did the HackinDROM update from 0.8.9 to 0.9.1 and it seemed to go ok.

But my problem is, when I try Software Update, it says Ventura 13.2.1 and that I'm 'up to date'.
I don't seem to be able to perform any updates.

Cheers.
Some questions:
  • Which System Product Name are you using? iMac19,1 or ...?
  • What is SecureBootModel currently set to?
  • What is csr-active-config (in NVRAM) set to?
  • Are you using RestrictEvents.kext?

Some questions:
  • Which System Product Name are you using? iMac19,1 or ...?
  • What is SecureBootModel currently set to?
  • What is csr-active-config (in NVRAM) set to?
  • Are you using RestrictEvents.kext?
MacPro1,1. (IIRC I changed to this from iMac19,1, generating new serials etc to get Monterey update to work properly. Can we still use iMac19,1?)
SecureBootModel = disabled
car-active-config = 0
RestrictEvents.kext present but not enabled

@CaseySJ amazing work as usual !
At this stage maybe it could be useful to post your latest EFI version as you did up to OC 0.74. We are now at OC 090 and so many changes have been incorporated since that time. I use every month HackinDROM to upgrade but suspect that on my EFI some changes have not been included (Ethernet 2.5Gbit/sec for example). That would really be appreciated !
Thanks in advance...

I can post the OC 0.9.1 EFI folder with custom OpenCore.efi to fix the WiFi and Ethernet issue. Will do that in next day or so. Waiting for more test results to come in.
Also, would like to second this. At this point I'm kind of always left wondering if HackinDROM is tracking things properly and what things may be coming unstuck due to macOS changes and OpenCore config changes etc. It was always great having a 'golden reference' config to go with the Golden Build from someone who knows what's going on!
I'm not seeing where it was posted though?

Hi, I gave my system to my daughter a year ago. I tried to use an AMD Ryzen, but now I want to back to my flawless hackintosh.
But there is a problem: My MB is at F21 BIOS version and can't go back to F20 or earlier.
Is this a problem for the D Vision? I will try to install Ventura. Thanks!

Back