Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi.
I´m working on my second Hackintosh.

Trying to install Catalina from UniBeast USB, but I´m stuck at the apple logo with no progress bar.
I have tried installing without the Radeon card, but no luck.

Any help will be appriciated.

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
Sapphire Radeon Nitro+ RX 5700 XT
Intel Core i9-10900

Crucial Balistix 2x 32 gb RAM

Attachments

• IMG_0469.jpg
    IMG_0469.jpg
    1,021.6 KB · Views: 49
let me know how you go, im in the same boat.

Different graphics card but I have the exact same other components and issue. I check the Z490 error code and it shows "AF" which is "Exit Boot Services". My verbose:

Attachments

• IMG_2908.jpg
    IMG_2908.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Also stuck on the same thing z490 UD + 10500 i5 using internal igpu through hdmi

Check my post out here if your config is with the Gigabyte Z490 Vision D with Core i9, probably works with the other procs too:

Hi.
I´m working on my second Hackintosh.

Trying to install Catalina from UniBeast USB, but I´m stuck at the apple logo with no progress bar.
I have tried installing without the Radeon card, but no luck.

Any help will be appriciated.

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
Sapphire Radeon Nitro+ RX 5700 XT
Intel Core i9-10900

Crucial Balistix 2x 32 gb RAM
Don't use the Unibeast USB stick as the version of Clover is not compatible with Intel 10th generation hardware like what you have.

You need to switch to the OpenCore bootloader (or Clover 5124 and later) if you want to install and run MacOS (Catalina or Big Sur) on your system.

Last edited:
@ChrisAsk66, I used it and it worked after I tweaked the hell out of the EFI partition post UniBeast. I uploaded my EFI in my thread sir and was able to succeed with the install and boot into the partition with Apple setup. Not to mention, I'm on an Intel 2011 MacBook Pro that I used GitHub to get the Catalina OS.

My thread and EFI partition:

Granted, I have not have had time to test everything out yet... but so far so good. Yes, I did need OpenCore to do it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back