Contribute
Register

Gigabyte z390i, i7-9700K, Radeon RX390 - Shutdown and sleep issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Since I don't have Z390 MoBo, I am unable to help you any more with a real hands-on experience troubleshooting a system with that MoBo.
    • I hope someone with your MoBo can help you with the right BIOS and CLOVER choice.​
Well, cmn699 I thank you for your efforts.

I had this issue on a different board, what worked for me was going into System Preferences, select Bluetooth, Click on Advanced and disable Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer, then reboot your computer. Just a thought if you have bluetooth.

As for your USB issue, you probably have too many USB ports and are probably over the 15 port limit, in which case you need to create a custom SSDT by following rehabman's guide

or using Hackintool, however you should know which HS & SS software ports relate to which physical ports (covered in guide above). USB3 has an HS and an SS port to one physical port so MacOS is probably detecting the HS which USB2 but not the SS which is USB3 devices, hence why USB2 devices are detected but not USB3. The guide looks daunting and complicated, however I assure you it's not.

I had this issue on a different board, what worked for me was going into System Preferences, select Bluetooth, Click on Advanced and disable Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer, then reboot your computer. Just a thought if you have bluetooth.
Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer is already turned off, but what's weird is I'm pretty sure bluetooth isn't going to work at all (and I don't care) but it reports Bluetooth: On, and the Turn Bluetooth Off button is greyed out.

As for your USB issue, you probably have too many USB ports and are probably over the 15 port limit, in which case you need to create a custom SSDT by following rehabman's guide

I got lost trying to follow that guide, but I found a great tutorial* on youtube by Carl Mercier, How to fix USB 3 ports on a Hackintosh by generating your own SSDT or USBMap.kext (/watch?v=j3V7szXZZTc) and I've got all my USB ports working. I'll need to reorg. a bit when I get it settled into its final home but now that I know the process that's not an issue. Configuring the USB ports also allowed me to disable the Bluetooth port, but that didn't fix the shutdown issue.

So three issues remain, it won't shutdown (just reboots), sleep crashes and reboots (possibly connected) and opening jpegs crash Preview.

*Note: I think you have to have XCode installed to use the git command.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back