Gigabyte Z390 UD
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 560
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
*** EFI FOLDER ATTACHED

Note: I removed some specific information from the SMBIOS and RTVariables on the attached zip file because I'm actively using that information for iMessage.

Here's the story....

I am experiencing random interruptions that are disturbing. An example is typing really fast and seeing your typing come out in "spurts".

1. Latest kexts updated.
2. Successful 10.15.5 update from System Preferences.
3. Improvement from 10.15.4 -> 10.15.5 but every few seconds some kind of spike of interruption that causes the mouse to lag.

Needless to say, I'm 99% back where I was with Mojave, but I have this random spike that can cause a very short delay in typing.

Prior to updating to 10.15.5 (10.15.4) I was having audio glitches when this happens where if I was playing a song I would hear sometimes triple of 100 milliseconds of the song piece (like a stutter).

I'm assuming it's a misconfiguration.

The lag can be experienced while playing Fortnite (I suspect any other 3D game using a dedicated video card will reveal this lag) - which previously was smooth in Mojave, no hiccups, full quality (epic quality) and seamless gameplay. Now I experience glitching every 3 to 5 seconds and very long lag.

Steps I've taken....

1. Installed CleanMyMac X.
2. Reformatted Time Machine and re-applied it (all backed up).
3. Checked for outdated kexts.

If anyone knows what could cause random interruptions let me know.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    19.9 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:
On a side note, I was having MAJOR HDMI glitches in 10.15.4 but that has since then vanished after continuous tweaks to my clover EFI. In fact, HDMI glitches have gone away permanently.

Last edited:
It's actually very depressing to have this beast machine and glitching, but I've come to terms that this is the nature of hackintosh. If anyone out there thinks they can solve the mystery, please let me know.

PS: 4k videos play in Youtube without problem. Reducing size and going full screen give instant gratification on quality of the video. Audio has also improved since updating the latest kexts.

Man Catalina sucks. Even worse I got this guild from TonyMac86's recommended build guide and nobody knows how to make stuff work.

Was a good try for sure. Barely a usable build, I would have gone several different directions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back