Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Hello
I want help. I upgraded from Monterey to vantura use OpenCore 0.8.9 only the sound does not work, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, but by mistake I deleted the OpenCore file and when trying to restore new files the apple hair stops and the system does not work or restarts but it works with Clover and when updating the AppleALC.kext its also not work with clover but i need use opencore everday try many file same The same problem if I made the BIOS settings that were working well before, it restarts every time, and if I made the settings as here in one of the topics here it restarts, it stops at the apple logo without any progress.

z390 aorus master

3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Radeon RX 580 4 GB

Quote Reply

FYI - I'm running Ventura using GB Z390m, I9, and an RX580 setup.

I was able to install Ventura using OpenCore 0.9.7. It took me several weekends to upgrade from OC 0.7.9 -> 0.9.7. A boot USB drive (64 GB) was used to get OC upgraded and booting into my existing Monterey setup. My EFI was based on a prior config that PastryChef provided a long time ago. I merged this plist file into the newest 0.9.7 example file, then went through it line by line (took several weekends of tinkering). I added in OpenCanopy settings, so the graphical selector would work. And I also upgraded all the Kexts to the most recent versions.

Once my rig was reliably using OC 0.9.7, I was able to perform the upgraded without much effort. I created a bootable install USB using the instructions provided, but in the end, I just ran the installer straight out of my Monterey Applications folder. I set the default boot drive to point to my 64GB USB drive that had a good OC 0.9.7 install. During boot up, with verbose mode added to the plist arguments, OC 0.9.7 was verified as running. From there Monterey was started by selecting the internal drive. Then, the Ventura installer that had been downloaded into the Applications folder was executed.

Before the Ventura upgrade, a clone of the Monterey M.2 drive was made onto an SATA SSD. That SSD backup was pulled out of the system, just in case something went horribly wrong. Then another SSD was added (backup overkill), formatted to an APFS / GUID scheme, and then used as the target drive for the Install Ventura upgrade. During the install, the machine had to reboot a couple of times, and I just let the default drive selections proceed. After what seemed like an eternity (maybe 30-40 minutes), the installation finished. Then a full user data transfer proceeded during the initial Ventura setup phase, using my internal Monterey drive as a source.

With that success in creating a SATA SSD drive with Ventura installed, I tried the procedure again, except this time, I just directly attempted to upgrade my internal M.2 Monterey drive. This is a much faster drive, and I could pull the SSD, keeping it as a secondary fallback. Everything went well, so now I'm stable on Ventura running on an internal M.2 drive. My last step will be to copy the working EFI OC 0.9.7 folder from the USB stick to the M.2 drive, so I won't have to always boot from the USB stick.

I'd like to jump up to Sonoma next, but I'm still in the process of upgrading my Wifi/BT PCI-e card to use a newer CMVi based card that plugs directly into the special M.2 CMVi motherboard slot. It that hardware safely works under Ventura, then I'll probably upgrade the OS.

Through all of this, my GB Z390 BIOS settings have remained unchanged from my Monterey setup, with the one exception of boot drive settings.

If you're still having issues, I could probably upload a generic EFI folder example. All you'd likely need to do is change the user specific machine ID and ROM values.

Back