Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming + i5-9400 + 32GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if I delete that particular driver, if the shutdown will no longer work. Ok, thanks for the tip.

I advise that you stay away from AptioFix2Drv-free2000. The dev of that driver has warned against its use for fear of damaging hardware.
View attachment 442161
I'm kind of high jacking the thread but I've been using that driver for almost a year now. I've tried substituting every other available memory driver and nothing else works, the system won't boot. Been using it since April though. I am open to any suggestions Chef.

I'm kind of high jacking the thread but I've been using that driver for almost a year now. I've tried substituting every other available memory driver and nothing else works, the system won't boot. Been using it since April though. I am open to any suggestions Chef.

If you read that post from the dev, when using AptioFix2Drv-free2000, it's not a question of whether if will cause damage, it's just a question of when.

For an alternative, you can try OcQuirks or try switching to OpenCore. On my Z390, both OcQuirks and OpenCore works when I have IGPU disabled and I use iMacPro1,1 system definition.

If you read that post from the dev, when using AptioFix2Drv-free2000, it's not a question of whether if will cause damage, it's just a question of when.

For an alternative, you can try OcQuirks or try switching to OpenCore. On my Z390, both OcQuirks and OpenCore works when I have IGPU disabled and I use iMacPro1,1 system definition.
Thanks again, I’m aware it could be a time bomb. Open core works but its a similar situation. I need that memory driver to boot, every other choice stops OSX from loading. I’ll have to give the fast boot setting a try and see if that makes a difference. Odd a driver could damage hardware beyond the bios or at least that idea seems a stretch to me.

Last edited:
Thanks again, I’m aware it could be a time bomb. Open core works but its a similar situation. I need that memory driver to boot, every other choice stops OSX from loading.

With OpenCore, part of the Aptio fix is in OpenCore itself and the rest is in FwRuntimeServices.efi. Therefore, when using OpenCore, you should not use any other Aptio fixes.

Again, on my Z390, I can get 100% consistent booting with IGPU disabled and using iMacPro1,1 system definition.

For me, OcQuirks + FwRuntimeServices.efi can boot most of the time with IGPU disabled and iMacPro1,1 system definition, but it's not as consistent as using OpenCore.

With OpenCore, part of the Aptio fix is in OpenCore itself and the rest is in FwRuntimeServices.efi. Therefore, when using OpenCore, you should not use any other Aptio fixes.

Again, on my Z390, I can get 100% consistent booting with IGPU disabled and using iMacPro1,1 system definition.

For me, OcQuirks + FwRuntimeServices.efi can boot most of the time with IGPU disabled and iMacPro1,1 system definition, but it's not as consistent as using OpenCore.
As always, but left unsaid too often, thanks for the high level of support you provide on this website. I've managed to get OpenCore booting without the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000. I did have to add the AptioMemoryFix driver, which if I understand correctly shouldn't be needed, because without it the system wouldn't boot.

As always, but left unsaid too often, thanks for the high level of support you provide on this website. I've managed to get OpenCore booting without the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000. I did have to add the AptioMemoryFix driver, which if I understand correctly shouldn't be needed, because without it the system wouldn't boot.

AptioMemoryFix should be included in OpenCore and FwRuntimeServices.efi. Only very old versions of OpenCore did not include this.

AptioMemoryFix should be included in OpenCore and FwRuntimeServices.efi. Only very old versions of OpenCore did not include this.
That makes sense, so I should download the latest version of OC and then update my config.plist to reflect removing drivers? I'll back up first

That makes sense, so I should download the latest version of OC and then update my config.plist to reflect removing drivers? I'll back up first

My success with booting Z390 using OpenCore came with OpenCore r0.51 and r0.52. Both of those have AptioMemoryFix integrated in to OpenCore itself and FwRuntimeServices.efi.

My success with booting Z390 using OpenCore came with OpenCore r0.51 and r0.52. Both of those have AptioMemoryFix integrated in to OpenCore itself and FwRuntimeServices.efi.
After updating the boot files to r0.53 I get allocation runtime errors, anyway you could post an example OCEFi for your z390 board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back