Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

The NVRAM didn't work. I think I'll have to install it from the pen drive. It seems like it's so simple to solve this, but I don't understand why this error happens.

Hello again. After a lot of trying, I ended up going back to the system and updating to ventura 13.6.1. I used the configuration file on page 1 EFI OpenCore 0.9.3. But now it doesn't get the internet, not even with the cable. Would you know any solution for me to be able to use this EFI? If not, I'll have to format my computer new. and go back to version 13.2.1 which is limiting me a lot.

Hello again. After a lot of trying, I ended up going back to the system and updating to ventura 13.6.1. I used the configuration file on page 1 EFI OpenCore 0.9.3. But now it doesn't get the internet, not even with the cable. Would you know any solution for me to be able to use this EFI? If not, I'll have to format my computer new. and go back to version 13.2.1 which is limiting me a lot.

Update the the OpenCore 0.9.3 to 0.9.6. Update all the kexts in the EFI. Ethernet should be working.

If you have a BCM94360 Wi-Fi card, you can use OCLP to enable it.

If your RX 580 is working, there's no need to change if you don't want to.

Since you are still on Mojave, do the following:

Download the newest OpenCore EFI from post #1.
Open the config.plist with OpenCore Configurator.
Copy/Paste your current Serial, Board Serial, and UUID to the new config.plist.
Change the following two fields to "-1":
View attachment 558858
Copy the EFI folder to the EFI partition of a USB flash drive.
Boot from the USB flash drive to make sure everything is working as it should.
Copy the new EFI folder to the EFI partition of your boot drive.
Update to Ventura as you would on a real Mac.

Hey @pastrychef I'm back at this again. Got everything working the many months ago you told me how to do this and went to Monterey because I didn't want to update all the way to Ventura yet. I was on Monterey for quite awhile all stable. Now I'm trying to update finally to Ventura 13.6.1 and the installation is stalling out after it gets through the first main part with the system loaded and restarts, and then enters the black screen with apple logo and progress bar.

I have changed nothing since last time (your Opencore 0.8.6 with iMacPro 1,1, and a custom USB kext being the primary modifications that I can remember, though there might have been a few other small things) as I was under the impression going to Ventura from there should just be like updating a regular mac. It hangs on "[IntelMausi]: link down on en0" a couple times throughout its cycle, then spits out that last line related to denied lookups of com.apple.private.corewifi-xpc and bluetoothd[251] with a error = 159: sandbox restriction and then restarts and goes through the same cycle again trying to load the system and finish the Ventura installation. I'm not using any wifi or bluetooth (or any wifi or bluetooth kexts), just ethernet and the Intelmausi kext, if it's even related to that. Any ideas on how to proceed? Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_4531.jpg
    IMG_4531.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
Hey @pastrychef I'm back at this again. Got everything working the many months ago you told me how to do this and went to Monterey because I didn't want to update all the way to Ventura yet. I was on Monterey for quite awhile all stable. Now I'm trying to update finally to Ventura 13.6.1 and the installation is stalling out after it gets through the first main part with the system loaded and restarts, and then enters the black screen with apple logo and progress bar.

I have changed nothing since last time (your Opencore 0.8.6 with iMacPro 1,1, and a custom USB kext being the primary modifications that I can remember, though there might have been a few other small things) as I was under the impression going to Ventura from there should just be like updating a regular mac. It hangs on "[IntelMausi]: link down on en0" a couple times throughout its cycle, then spits out that last line related to denied lookups of com.apple.private.corewifi-xpc and bluetoothd[251] with a error = 159: sandbox restriction and then restarts and goes through the same cycle again trying to load the system and finish the Ventura installation. I'm not using any wifi or bluetooth (or any wifi or bluetooth kexts), just ethernet and the Intelmausi kext, if it's even related to that. Any ideas on how to proceed? Thank you.

Have you updated to the latest OpenCore and latest kexts?

How are you updating to Ventura? Directly from Monterey? From a USB flash drive? From Recovery partition?

I have not updated to newest opencore and kexts, as I thought your 0.8.6 was already setup for Ventura so I was being lazy, but that was my next plan of action if it wasn't a common recognizable issue with something I was doing. Sorry I probably should have done that to begin with. I can report back after doing that.

I was going directly from Monterey. Should I be using a USB or recovery instead?

I have not updated to newest opencore and kexts, as I thought your 0.8.6 was already setup for Ventura so I was being lazy, but that was my next plan of action if it wasn't a common recognizable issue with something I was doing. Sorry I probably should have done that to begin with. I can report back after doing that.

I was going directly from Monterey. Should I be using a USB or recovery instead?

There's no way for the OpenCore developers to know what challenges future versions of macOS will bring. The best they can do is test for compatibility with beta versions of macOS. I always make sure I'm on the latest OpenCore and latest versions of kexts.

Lately, I have been downloading the full macOS installers to update. I just download and then launch it from within macOS.

There's no way for the OpenCore developers to know what challenges future versions of macOS will bring. The best they can do is test for compatibility with beta versions of macOS. I always make sure I'm on the latest OpenCore and latest versions of kexts.

Lately, I have been downloading the full macOS installers to update. I just download and then launch it from within macOS.
Yeah I downloaded the Ventura installer and ran it from inside MacOS it’s just stuck in the middle of its cycle. As I said, your Opencore build and the kexts I have should have been already set up for Ventura, but it probably was an older version of Ventura so I’ll update to newest opencore and get back to you, thanks.

Okie dokey so I got it installed with your 0.9.3. I am now running into the same problem quartarolo is having with no Ethernet. I tried updating opencore to 0.9.6 but it royally screwed my system up trying to load it with replacing just the opencore.efi, the boot file, and the openruntime driver. I’m guessing it’s because I didn’t do the entire dortania steps with the comparison of the plists

Thanks @pastrychef I have acheived success installing Ventura 13.6.1! I went through the entire opencore update process on dortania including the running plists comparison, ocvalidate, and updating the kexts.

There was an issue with the ethernet still after doing so. Probably what @quartarolo is/was experiencing. If it helps, what I had to do was include the kernel quirk DisableIoMapperMapping and set both it and DisableIoMapper to True. IntelMausiEthernet kext works with those two on while the IntelMausi kext doesn't. There were some other things I did that were different from the 0.9.3 build included at the beginning of this thread, but it was mainly just following the full update process to 0.9.6. I'll post back if I have any further issues, but it looks good. Happy holidays everyone.

From the opencore configuration guide:

Screen Shot 2023-12-05 at 12.21.47 AM.png

Back