Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

You can delete the Bootstrap folder too...

Sweet....

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 6.49.51 PM.png

Last edited:
To follow up with my OWC USB-C Dock, I sent a message off today to the OWC people to see if they know anything that can help with the speeds not being what they should be. It may be a couple of days before I get a response.

However, in the meantime I made a discovery about another issue. A few nights ago I left the computer on overnight and I couldn't seem to wake it up the next morning. My monitor is ~12 years old and has VGA and DVI connections. I use a DVI to DisplayPort adapter and plugged into the DisplayPort on my graphics card. As a last resort the other day, I removed the adapter and plugged directly into the DVI port on the graphics card. That worked! Evidently the computer was working, but no signals were going to the monitor. I assumed that the DisplayPort circuitry had crapped.

Last night I left the computer on again and could not wake it up this morning. Once again, as a last resort, I installed the adapter again and plugged into the DisplayPort again. Signals were now going to the monitor and I was able to start the computer.

I'm guessing that there is something in the Sleep routine that causes a shutdown in the graphics card, but that is the extent of my speculation.

Any thoughts?

To follow up with my OWC USB-C Dock, I sent a message off today to the OWC people to see if they know anything that can help with the speeds not being what they should be. It may be a couple of days before I get a response.

However, in the meantime I made a discovery about another issue. A few nights ago I left the computer on overnight and I couldn't seem to wake it up the next morning. My monitor is ~12 years old and has VGA and DVI connections. I use a DVI to DisplayPort adapter and plugged into the DisplayPort on my graphics card. As a last resort the other day, I removed the adapter and plugged directly into the DVI port on the graphics card. That worked! Evidently the computer was working, but no signals were going to the monitor. I assumed that the DisplayPort circuitry had crapped.

Last night I left the computer on again and could not wake it up this morning. Once again, as a last resort, I installed the adapter again and plugged into the DisplayPort again. Signals were now going to the monitor and I was able to start the computer.

I'm guessing that there is something in the Sleep routine that causes a shutdown in the graphics card, but that is the extent of my speculation.

Any thoughts?

Please enter the following in to Terminal and post the output here:
Code:
pmset -g log | grep -i failure

I think it's GPU related... Don't know why it's a problem. Did you create Serial, Board Serial, and UUID for iMacPro1,1?
Hi, thx for checking. I also think that it is GPU related because it only occurs if the GPU is (heavily) involved).

I'm not 100% sure about the serials. It did it only once at the very beginning, and I never changed the type of Mac. However, could I change them anytime or should I stick to ones? Even if I would change to OC?

BTW: But I didn't found out where exactly I have to add the boot parameters like "agdpmod=pikera" e.g. using tools like OpenCore-Configurator. Clover is much easier to understand. Do you maybe have a screenshot should could help?

Great guide, I used it as reference to build my own machine.

But I'm facing some problems with Bcm94360 Broadcom. I'm not able to wake up using Bluetooth keyboard/mouse.

• Already mapped USB Ports and set to Internal
  • Using HibernationFixup.kext didn't change anything
  • darkmode=0
  • Using custom SSDT for USB and EC
Basically, I'm using power button to wake up. But sometimes Bluetooth fails to initialize correctly, and I have to restart to get it back.

I'm still trying to figure how to solve this or at least make Bluetooth more reliable after waking up.

Does anyone faced this issue?

The OpenCore release comes with OpenHFSPlus.efi. The OpenCore guide says to use HFSPlus.efi. What is OpenHFSPlus.exe?

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 7.15.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 7.17.33 AM.png

The OpenCore guide says to use HFSPlus.efi. What is OpenHFSPlus.exe?
The Open version of the driver is not ready for use yet. Needs more work. Keep using the other HFSPlus.efi version.

Looks like it's SATA related. What kind of SATA drives do you have installed?

A CD/DVD read/write unit and a secondary SSD. These were both holdovers from the previous incarnation...

Back