Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Hello! I'm a beginner. I installed with the latest EFI Clover r5117 Z390, whit macOS Mojave, available using the ASUS AREZ R-580. Everything seems to work fine, but the system does not identify the video card (See PHOTO below). I doubt if the RX-580 is working correctly. I would like to thank you, @pastrychef for sharing your experience and knowledge!

Motherboard - Gigabyte z390 M Gamming
Processor - Intel i5 9600K
Video Card - ASUS AREZ RX-580 DDR5 8G
Memory - Corsair Ballistix 32G (16x2) 3000MHZ CL15
M2 NVME - Kingston A2000 250Gb

View attachment 475853

That's strictly cosmetic.

You can change the "???" to say anything you like. Please see the bottom of post #3 on this thread and look for "How to populate System Information > PCI". Follow those instructions to change the "???".

yea I feel like you are right! Is there any Way to check if that is true that you could recommend?

Try booting in to Windows or Linux and do some stuff that would stress the video card a little. You should end up with similar results. This will confirm the video card is dying and has nothing to do with macOS or hackintoshing.

No dice. It was set to True already, tried False, same result :banghead:

OC 0.5.8 Windows boots normally, 0.5.9 doesn't want to play. I think you use F12 to boot Windows @pastrychef, what happens if you try booting Windows from opencore 0.5.9?

Wondering if I might need a clean Windows reinstall.....

Yes, I always use the BIOS boot menu to boot Windows.

I'm in the middle of an uptime marathon. Trying to capture a screenshot of this system being up for at least 30 days. I'm on day 9...

I'll try booting Windows from OpenCore boot menu after the uptime marathon.

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming Build

Hello!
Firstly, I want to express my deepest thanks for your work and your instructions! Secondly, I'm sorry for my poor English. I don’t know what to do without you. Everything is very clear and on the shelves. This was my first build on OpenCore.
My config is similar to yours. Everything works just fine. Started according to the instructions. I did not find the information in your instructions whether the spdif is working. In my case, after buying an extension device similar to https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FJMD7BF/?tag=tonymacx86-21 I do not get sound in the MAC. In windows everything is all right. I’m sure that there is some elementary setup, but I don’t understand what needs to be fixed. Help me please.

Yes, I always use the BIOS boot menu to boot Windows.

I'm in the middle of an uptime marathon. Trying to capture a screenshot of this system being up for at least 30 days. I'm on day 9...

I'll try booting Windows from OpenCore boot menu after the uptime marathon.

I confirm this problem. OpenCore 0.5.9. when you select Windows, it just goes to restart.

Hello!
Firstly, I want to express my deepest thanks for your work and your instructions! Secondly, I'm sorry for my poor English. I don’t know what to do without you. Everything is very clear and on the shelves. This was my first build on OpenCore.
My config is similar to yours. Everything works just fine. Started according to the instructions. I did not find the information in your instructions whether the spdif is working. In my case, after buying an extension device similar to https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FJMD7BF/?tag=tonymacx86-21 I do not get sound in the MAC. In windows everything is all right. I’m sure that there is some elementary setup, but I don’t understand what needs to be fixed. Help me please.

Make sure your speakers are connect to the green connect on the back of the motherboard.

In System Preferences > Sound > Output, try all the options.

Make sure your speakers are connect to the green connect on the back of the motherboard.

In System Preferences > Sound > Output, try all the options.

the sound works through the green connector, everything is fine here, thank you again:) I'm talking about the SPDIF connector, it doesn't work. On your first screen, "SPDIF_O" near "F_AUDIO"

Last edited:
the sound works through the green connector, everything is fine here, thank you again:) I'm talking about the SPDIF connector, it doesn't work. On your first screen, "SPDIF_O" near "F_AUDIO"

Oh!!

Please try going to config.plist > DeviceProperties > Add > PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3) > layout-id and change the value from 18 to 20.

Back