Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Have you encountered any freezing issues when the system is idle with Z390 mobos or Vega64?

I have an Aorus Master Z390 with a 9900K and a Vega64 Nitro+ which freezes after a few minutes, when the PC is idle. Currently on latest Catalina with OpenCore 0.5.8.

Also is VGtab necessary with Catalina?

thanks!

Have you encountered any freezing issues when the system is idle with Z390 mobos or Vega64?

I have an Aorus Master Z390 with a 9900K and a Vega64 Nitro+ which freezes after a few minutes, when the PC is idle. Currently on latest Catalina with OpenCore 0.5.8.

thanks!

Nope. Everything has been rock solid here...

Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 3.49.46 PM.png

I have a PowerColor Vega 56 with Vega 64 Nitro+ firmware in my other system and that system has also been rock solid. I'm also on Catalina with OpenCore 0.5.8 on both systems.

Do you have any crash logs?

VGTab is never "necessary". Its use has always been optional.

I actually managed to fix the issue:

reset nvram, replaced IntelMausiEthernet with IntelMausi from acidanthera and fixed an error that was coming up before OC bootloader was loaded - OC: Setting NVRAM 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:rtc-blacklist - Not Found.

Also I was using 3 monitors and now one that was connected to hdmi is disconnected - I know that hdmi isn’t the best thing for osx hacks. M

However sleed doesn’t seem to work if the BT card is plugged into usb - internal or external. Should I remap the usb ports even if i’m using an USB mapping from an EFI with the same exact mobo?

Thanks!

Where can I find the crash logs?

I actually managed to fix the issue:

reset nvram, replaced IntelMausiEthernet with IntelMausi from acidanthera and fixed an error that was coming up before OC bootloader was loaded - OC: Setting NVRAM 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:rtc-blacklist - Not Found.

Also I was using 3 monitors and now one that was connected to hdmi is disconnected - I know that hdmi isn’t the best thing for osx hacks. M

However sleed doesn’t seem to work if the BT card is plugged into usb - internal or external. Should I remap the usb ports even if i’m using an USB mapping from an EFI with the same exact mobo?

Thanks!

What happens when you try to put the system to sleep?

You can try re-doing the USB ports. It's easy to do...

Where can I find the crash logs?

Launch the Console app.

thanks!

My config:
Z390 M Gaming (Gigabytes)
Vega 64 (Gigabytes)
OpenCore 0.5.8
I not have any problem, I not have iMessage and FaceTime, but all others functionality perfect working

My config:
Z390 M Gaming (Gigabytes)
Vega 64 (Gigabytes)
OpenCore 0.5.8
I not have any problem, I not have iMessage and FaceTime, but all others functionality perfect working

Messages and FaceTime should be working... I am even able to answer phone calls from my iPhone with my hack.

Messages and FaceTime should be working... I am even able to answer phone calls from my iPhone with my hack.

Are you seriously ?
Me not, but you have number serial of mac exist?

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2020-05-26 à 02.18.38.png
    Capture d’écran 2020-05-26 à 02.18.38.png
    789.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Capture d’écran 2020-05-26 à 02.21.00.png
    Capture d’écran 2020-05-26 à 02.21.00.png
    679.2 KB · Views: 56
Are you seriously ?
Me not, but you have number serial of mac exist?

Yes, it all works for me.

No, I just used a serial generated by Clover Configurator.

Back