Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

ugh something is really weird. can I wish I had made a backup before the update. getting some really strange behavior. Now my keyboard is acting weird. I can type but all of the shortcut keys and such seem to be working only about 10% of the time. so confusing. I don't know what this could be.

ugh something is really weird. can I wish I had made a backup before the update. getting some really strange behavior. Now my keyboard is acting weird. I can type but all of the shortcut keys and such seem to be working only about 10% of the time. so confusing. I don't know what this could be.

That's weird.

That's the same version of BIOS that I'm using. All my RAM shows up. I don't know why yours isn't.

Try adding your RAM manually in to config.plist > SMBIOS > Memory:
View attachment 459994
I did a test, placing the plist of the last folder efi that you sent to do a test, and the 4 banks of memory reappeared, however my external hard drive does not appear. Which parameters must be changed in order for my external hard drive to be recognized? Follow the efi folder with the updated plist
thank you very much

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    30.9 MB · Views: 60
I did a test, placing the plist of the last folder efi that you sent to do a test, and the 4 banks of memory reappeared, however my external hard drive does not appear. Which parameters must be changed in order for my external hard drive to be recognized? Follow the efi folder with the updated plist
thank you very much

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 21.09.00.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 21.09.00.png
    124.5 KB · Views: 55
thank you very much

This EFI has about a dozen kexts that do not belong in the EFI.

Look at the EFI from post #1 to see what kexts should be installed and which should not.

I downloaded the efi folder from post # 1 again, and inserted the last config plist you passed. Recognizes the external hd, but still not showing, the 4 memory banks. I compared the efi folder in post 1 with my folder, and my folder has the SystemProfilerMemoryFixup.kext kext, I put it in the new folder to test it, and now it recognizes the 4 memory banks. I will post this efi folder, as it can help some friend of the forum. just put your mac data, like the serial number and it will work normally. Recalling that this efi, works with the integrated video intel uhd 630 with 1536mb.
Thank you very much for helping me.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    35 MB · Views: 124
I downloaded the efi folder from post # 1 again, and inserted the last config plist you passed. Recognizes the external hd, but still not showing, the 4 memory banks. I compared the efi folder in post 1 with my folder, and my folder has the SystemProfilerMemoryFixup.kext kext, I put it in the new folder to test it, and now it recognizes the 4 memory banks. I will post this efi folder, as it can help some friend of the forum. just put your mac data, like the serial number and it will work normally. Recalling that this efi, works with the integrated video intel uhd 630 with 1536mb.
Thank you very much for helping me.

I don't know why you need SystemProfileMemoryFixup.kext. I've never had to use that on any build.

Where did you find that kext?

Man I don't I'm really at a loss as to what to do here. system is almost unusable. the constant stop of the mouse pointer and the keyboard is driving me nuts. is like the thing momentarily freezes. I'm wondering if it is something USB related. I'm gonna attempt taking the Logitech receiver and placing it in my USB 3.0 hub. maybe that will make a difference.
still not sure what to do about the HDMI audio issue.

UPDATE plugin into the USB 3 hub makes no difference There is sum-thing that is cause performance to crawl on this machine

for instance in this browser it to almost 3 full second from right click till the time the menu popped up..

but the activity monitor shows near nothing going onsite with the GPU and CPU history graphs. Yet the system performs like it is under a full load. it is just bizzar

Last edited:
Ugghhhh system complete unseal keyboard stopped working and system keeps halting and becoming unresponsive to input.

UPDATE: Progress on a whim remember I have seen performances issues and ever freezes related to the Photos app running int he background. I went in and renamed my Photos Library extension to .old and instantly the issue went away. performance is silky smooth thus far. I don't think this qualifies as a fix but does identify the culprit.

SOOOOOOO anyone know how to fix photos from boggin down your system?

Last edited:
Back