Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

This is my EFI folder with changes to the config plist based on your EFI folder. With your EFI folder, I was also unable to use the external 3.0 HD or USB 3.0.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    15.9 MB · Views: 58
This is my EFI folder with changes to the config plist based on your EFI folder. With your EFI folder, I was also unable to use the external 3.0 HD or USB 3.0.

That's definitely not my EFI. There was a lot of unnecessary junk in there. I cleaned it up for you. USB should be working right now. Please don't run MultiBeast!!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    15.6 MB · Views: 55
My external hard drive has been recognized again. However, the partitions of this external hard drive are not recognized as being external devices (with a different symbol than the internal disks), and, when I want to disconnect, it has to be one by one (there is no option to eject everything), In this EFI that I sent, the 4 memory slots were recognized, and now it only recognizes 1 slot again. There was a memory tab on this Mac, and it showed 4 memory slots and only 1 occupied.
Thank you very much.

My external hard drive has been recognized again. However, the partitions of this external hard drive are not recognized as being external devices (with a different symbol than the internal disks), and, when I want to disconnect, it has to be one by one (there is no option to eject everything), In this EFI that I sent, the 4 memory slots were recognized, and now it only recognizes 1 slot again. There was a memory tab on this Mac, and it showed 4 memory slots and only 1 occupied.
Thank you very much.

Please try this config.plist. There was some junk that I missed and needed deleting.

Attachments

• config.plist
    15.1 KB · Views: 46
I tested it with the plist you sent, and stopped recognizing my external hard drive again and still does not recognize the 4 memory slots. I have your efi folder with my serial number in config.plist, I will send it along and you check which one is best for me. With the efi folder that I had previously sent, I recognized the 4 memory slots and did not recognize my external hard drive.
Thank you very much for your attention

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    35.1 MB · Views: 169
I tested it with the plist you sent, and stopped recognizing my external hard drive again and still does not recognize the 4 memory slots. I have your efi folder with my serial number in config.plist, I will send it along and you check which one is best for me. With the efi folder that I had previously sent, I recognized the 4 memory slots and did not recognize my external hard drive.
Thank you very much for your attention

Try this EFI. This is my EFI from post #1 with config.plist from post #764.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23.2 MB · Views: 56
The external hard drive has returned to work, but apparently, it is recognized as internal, as it does not give the option to eject everything and the icon is the same as the internal hard drive. It still does not recognize the 4 memory banks. Here are some screenshots.
Thank you very much

The external hard drive has returned to work, but apparently, it is recognized as internal, as it does not give the option to eject everything and the icon is the same as the internal hard drive. It still does not recognize the 4 memory banks. Here are some screenshots.
Thank you very much

I don't know why your external drives are appearing as internal. I've never encountered this and don't know how to fix it.

I also don't know why your RAM is not recognized. I've never had to do anything with RAM on this motherboard. Are you on the latest BIOS version?

My bios is F9g

That's the same version of BIOS that I'm using. All my RAM shows up. I don't know why yours isn't.

Try adding your RAM manually in to config.plist > SMBIOS > Memory:
Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 7.39.55 PM.png

Back