Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

I will send you a new config.plist in a couple of minutes if you don't mind try with that.

Just tell me the changes. I modify it here.

Thanks.

Guys,

for the bootargs, can I simply add them in the boot section in config.plist with clover configurator? I am very new to Open Core and I dont know if it should treated differently. For the moment I have only added the sections related to the SMBIOS as suggested by the "readme" picture.
Thank you!

No. Do not open the OpenCore config.plist with Clover Configurator. Use either Xcode or PlistEdit Pro.

Add it to here:
Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 12.12.39 PM.png

If you don't know how, please post your config.plist and I'll do it for you.

@pastrychef try this config with your Platform Info; dont forget to clean NVRAM.

Attachments

• config.plist
    28.2 KB · Views: 56
What changes were made?
Actually none. I add a couple of deleting entries under the NVRAM and remove not recommended drivers. All others from your config but I used clean config.

Thank you @pastrychef.

I added the -v boot arg using plistedit pro following your advices.
But I get the same problem: after the NVRAM error report I get a menu see first picture in which EFI is highlighted.
but after that I get a black screen, no text in verbose mode is appearing just a black screen.
For info: I am booting from a M.2 NVMe instered into a external USB adapter. I use F12 at boot to select this drive for boot and not my internal Nvme SSD that contains my perfectly working clover configured EFI. The external SSD is a clone of the internal one (used CCC for that) but with the OC EFI instead.

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_0405.jpeg
    IMG_0405.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0407.jpeg
    IMG_0407.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 35
@pastrychef sometimes leaving empty field cause this type of error under the NVRAM.

I forgot to remove Booter/Quirks ProtectUefiServices you can remove this you probably not use v5.0.7.

Last edited:
Actually none. I add a couple of deleting entries under the NVRAM and remove not recommended drivers. All others from your config but I used clean config.

Which drivers are not recommended? I only have the following drivers active:
  • FwRuntimeServices
  • ApfsDriverLoader
  • HfsPlus
  • NTFS
  • Fat

I was unable to boot with your config.plist and got more errors at boot.
IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

@pastrychef sometimes leaving empty field cause this type of error under the NVRAM.

Yeah, I tried deleting the Nvidia thing and populating the language field. It didn't get rid of the NVRAM message.

Thank you @pastrychef.

I added the -v boot arg using plistedit pro following your advices.
But I get the same problem: after the NVRAM error report I get a menu see first picture in which EFI is highlighted.
but after that I get a black screen, no text in verbose mode is appearing just a black screen.
For info: I am booting from a M.2 NVMe instered into a external USB adapter. I use F12 at boot to select this drive for boot and not my internal Nvme SSD that contains my perfectly working clover configured EFI. The external SSD is a clone of the internal one (used CCC for that) but with the OC EFI instead.

Thank you!

Do you even see the Apple logo or does it go right to black screen?

Which drivers are not recommended? I only have the following drivers active:
  • FwRuntimeServices
  • ApfsDriverLoader
  • HfsPlus
  • NTFS
  • Fat

I was unable to boot with your config.plist and got more errors at boot.
View attachment 454494

View attachment 454495

Yeah, I tried deleting the Nvidia thing and populating the language field. It didn't get rid of the NVRAM message.

Sorry my bad;

Try this one I removed 0.5.7 entries;

These two not recommended.
  • NTFS
  • Fat

Attachments

• config.plist
    28.1 KB · Views: 56
Back