Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

I did not see any mention or images showing "Metal Headless Yes". Can you please post screenshot of where he mentioned that?
Picture is from old version BTW.
Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 20.55.24.png

Picture is from old version BTW.
View attachment 454169

That doesn't show Metal Headless = Yes. It just shows:
  • Quartz Extreme (QE/CI) = Yes
  • Metal = Yes
  • VDA Decoder = Fully Supported.

We have that too:
Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 2.04.13 PM.png

I don't know what "Metal Headless" means or does. Also, what doesn't work when Metal Headless = No?

If ig-platform-id and device-id are correct, what else is there to do???
Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 2.10.34 PM.png

That doesn't show Metal Headless = Yes. It just shows:
  • Quartz Extreme (QE/CI) = Yes
  • Metal = Yes
  • VDA Decoder = Fully Supported.

We have that too:
View attachment 454171

I don't know what "Metal Headless" means or does. Also, what doesn't work when Metal Headless = No?

If ig-platform-id and device-id are correct, what else is there to do???
View attachment 454172
You are right. I asked headkaze here is his answer;

"If you set up headless for your IGPU then it won't show "Yes" under GFX0."

BTW do you know how we test it our headless works or not?

You are right. I asked headkaze here is his answer;

"If you set up headless for your IGPU then it won't show "Yes" under GFX0."

BTW do you know how we test it our headless works or not?

If you are using iMac19,x or iMac18,x, just open some files in Quick Look or Preview such as PDFs. If headless IGPU is not working correctly, you will know right away.

@pastrychef thanks. I have another question for you. How should I know IQSV (Intel Quick Sync) active or not? I remember there is an app we can easily seeing IQSV active or not but I don't remember the name of the app.

@pastrychef thanks. I have another question for you. How should I know IQSV (Intel Quick Sync) active or not? I remember there is an app we can easily seeing IQSV active or not but I don't remember the name of the app.

VideoProc

I have seen other people with similar issues with using USB audio. I've never seen a definitive fix...

Based on your description, it seems like a USB issue. If I were having this issue, I would try installing a USB 3 PCI-e card and see if it solves the problems. ASM1142 based USB 3 cards should be natively supported by macOS.

I Bought an Innatek KT4004 card (Frescologic FL1100), which is natively supported by MacOs and test if issue disappears. Verdict :
For all tests, I removed Nvidia Card and put only RX560 on PCIE16X port and put the USB card on PCIE4X
  • no change config.plist : KO always sizzling
  • remove pci and SSDT definition : KO always sizzling
  • vanillia clover install with no specific parameter (fix or driver, no usbinjectall, ..) : KO always sizzling
  • Try to disable onboard usb but with no success, usb on KT4004 are also disabled
o_O
I will try some incantations....

I Bought an Innatek KT4004 card (Frescologic FL1100), which is natively supported by MacOs and test if issue disappears. Verdict :

• no change config.plist : KO always sizzling
  • remove pci and SSDT definition : KO always sizzling
  • vanillia clover install with no specific parameter (fix or driver, no usbinjectall, ..) : KO always sizzling
  • Try to disable onboard usb but with no success, usb on KT4004 are also disabled
o_O
I will try some incantations....

I can't think of anything else to try other than incantations either...

Your guide says that we need to set Serial, Board Serial, UUID in SMBIOS. But what about MLB and CsrActiveConfig in Rt Variables?

Your guide says that we need to set Serial, Board Serial, UUID in SMBIOS. But what about MLB and CsrActiveConfig in Rt Variables?

Leave MLB blank and leave CsrActiveConfig as is.

Back