Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

For what it's worth I've been running F9m since it came out with no issues. Of course I don't have a Titan card so maybe it's irrelevant. I do have a EVO 970 though.
Thanks for posting. This seems to exonerate F9m as the problem.

Attached F9l for those who want to try...
That's it! :) I did the BIOS downgrade to F9l, installed Big Sur... and it work's!
Gigabyte Z390-M Gaming running Big Sur.png

That's it! :) I did the BIOS downgrade to F9l, installed Big Sur... and it work's!
View attachment 528854

Do you have both a 10GBase-T card and the Titan Ridge card installed??

If you do not have the 10GBase-T card, you can go to config.plist > DeviceProperties and delete the entry for it.

Dear community and dear topicstarter! I have one question. I have Sapphire rx580 (2 HDMI + 2 Displayport + 1 DVI-D connectors) and 8700k. I am using 5 monitors now. But I'd like to connect one more monitor, HDMI to the iGPU. I found here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ching-guide-hdmi-black-screen-problem.269149/ compilations of patches for different motherboards, and this one in the list. But when I copy-paste the code to my opencore plist file (in proper location etc), my rig boots up normally and then just spontaneously hangs after short period of time. But 6th HDMI monitor works, what is quite strange for me. What I am doinmg wrong? Any ideas??

Dear community and dear topicstarter! I have one question. I have Sapphire rx580 (2 HDMI + 2 Displayport + 1 DVI-D connectors) and 8700k. I am using 5 monitors now. But I'd like to connect one more monitor, HDMI to the iGPU. I found here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ching-guide-hdmi-black-screen-problem.269149/ compilations of patches for different motherboards, and this one in the list. But when I copy-paste the code to my opencore plist file (in proper location etc), my rig boots up normally and then just spontaneously hangs after short period of time. But 6th HDMI monitor works, what is quite strange for me. What I am doinmg wrong? Any ideas??

Using IGPU to connect a monitor when a dGPU is installed is not advised.

If you still want to try, try setting ig-platfor-id to 3e9b0007. I don't know how this would affect system stability.

Yes, but it‘s the Thunderbolt version. I tried the PCIe version in an PCIe 1x slot, but this hadn‘t worked. So I jumped to the Thunderbolt version. :)

Ah. Okay.

I have tried connecting 10GBase-T card to the x1 slot and it works but only at 1GBase-T speed.

That being said, I've been on BIOS F9l for a very long time and have no intentions of updating.
I knew, there was something, what motivated me to update to F9m:
Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-14 um 11.17.32.png

Also Point "4. Fix CPU Vcore and power behavior" was a reason, because I have overclocked the CPU. The F9m is more stable in overclocking than the F9l.

So for the moment, I will stay on F9l as far as it works stable. :)

I have tried connecting 10GBase-T card to the x1 slot and it works but only at 1GBase-T speed.

I didn't get it working anyway. I had the "Sonnettech Solo10G PCIe Card" and the card were only in Slot-4 detected. So I had to decide between the Titan Ridge and the Solo10G card. My choice was the Titan Ridge and I switched to the Thunderbolt version of the Solo10G card.

Back