Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Masz kartę Thunderbolt podłączoną do gniazda PCI-e 1 i działa ???
Yes. Above I have attached files from Hackintool and IOregistry Explorer.
I am using the iGPU UHD630 HDMI.

I can't read that. Please try screenshots.

Edit:
I made out the important parts. It looks like something is wrong with your NVMe SSD. Please try installing macOS on another drive and see if you still get these panics.
Hello,

I still have issues with NVMe. I have two Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVMe drives. I get freezes and crashes with both, on any M.2 slots on the board.

I finally installed macOS on a regular SSD, but I still get crashes when copying large files on the NVMe drive or using FCPX with my library on one of them.

I installed the NVMe fix Kext, it seemed to get better for a few days but the crashes started again.

I installed Windows and the Samsung Magician program, my drives already had the latest firmware updates. It said that the temperature was too high on one of the drives, even if the machine was freshly booted. The drives usually start at around 50 degrees Celsius when I boot the machine, but when I start using them they quickly rise to 65 degrees, and even more (70 +) if I copy large files or run a disk benchmark for a long time.

I installed passive coolers on the drives and added a fan near them in my case, but I am wondering if previously running them too warm might have damaged my motherboard or the drives. Still, I have no problems when running Windows but I don't use it very often.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks !

Hello,

I still have issues with NVMe. I have two Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVMe drives. I get freezes and crashes with both, on any M.2 slots on the board.

I finally installed macOS on a regular SSD, but I still get crashes when copying large files on the NVMe drive or using FCPX with my library on one of them.

I installed the NVMe fix Kext, it seemed to get better for a few days but the crashes started again.

I installed Windows and the Samsung Magician program, my drives already had the latest firmware updates. It said that the temperature was too high on one of the drives, even if the machine was freshly booted. The drives usually start at around 50 degrees Celsius when I boot the machine, but when I start using them they quickly rise to 65 degrees, and even more (70 +) if I copy large files or run a disk benchmark for a long time.

I installed passive coolers on the drives and added a fan near them in my case, but I am wondering if previously running them too warm might have damaged my motherboard or the drives. Still, I have no problems when running Windows but I don't use it very often.

Even with out the passive coolers, if/when the SSDs get too hot, they should just throttle. It should not crash your system.

Please post your config.plist.

Yes. Above I have attached files from Hackintool and IOregistry Explorer.
I am using the iGPU UHD630 HDMI.

I'm surprised. I always thought that the Thunderbolt has to go through PCH. If Thunderbolt is working, hot plug should work under most conditions with just the SSDT.

Even with out the passive coolers, if/when the SSDs get too hot, they should just throttle. It should not crash your system.

Please post your config.plist.
Thanks, here it my config.plist.

Attachments

• config.plist
    14.5 KB · Views: 29
Hello,

I think the problem is those are Samsung. Heard bad things about it in connection with Macs / hMacs. Personally, I've choosen WD ones - works great.

I think the problem is those are Samsung. Heard bad things about it in connection with Macs / hMacs. Personally, I've choosen WD ones - works great.
I need to get a bigger SSD, because this 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus is already small.
Which do you indicate? Commented on the XPG S11 Pro 1TB.
Changing the subject, does anyone know how to activate the mouse in the OpenCanopy of OC 0.6.8, using a Logitech M720 mice?

Changing the subject, does anyone know how to activate the mouse in the OpenCanopy of OC 0.6.8, using a Logitech M720 mice?

In config.plist > UEFI > Drivers, enable UsbMouseDxe.efi.

Back