Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

True, but HS02 (the USB-C port on the motherboard where the dock is connected now) should register as 5Gbps under an SSxy designation, but it never showed up as that. When I had the dock plugged into the red port, it did come up as SS01 at 5Gbps.

Last edited:
True, but HS02 (the USB-C port on the motherboard where the dock is connected now) should register as 5Gbps under an SSxy designation, but it never showed up as that. When I had the dock plugged into the red port, it did come up as SS01 at 5Gbps.

Here is a USB 3.1 Gen 1 (formerly known as USB 3) device plugged in to the USB-C port. Again, I'm using the same USB ports kext included in the EFIs on post #1. Use something else other than that dock to test.

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 1.06.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 1.07.06 AM.png

Last edited:
Disabling the serial port in BIOS should help with Apple Watch unlock.

I have no idea why AirDrop is sporadic for you.

When the apps crash do you get a crash report?
Serial port is disabled, Bios 9L

yes, Photos give a crash report. Anything specific I should look for?

Serial port is disabled, Bios 9L

yes, Photos give a crash report. Anything specific I should look for?

Please post the entire panic report.

Just as an off chance here, but can you confirm that you are connecting it to the correct USB-C port on your dock (the one with the computer icon on it).

The entire process (downloading, preparing, installing) took ~30 minutes and the system auto rebooted three times. I'm on OpenCore 0.6.5.

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 2.48.12 PM.png

Last edited:
Hello pastrychef and everyone else ! I have been following this tread for a while and have a functionnal computer since August 2020 thanks to your great work and advices.

It has been very stable for a few months in the begining, and then I started to get some random crashes. 2-3 weeks ago I decided to start again from scratch and at the same time upgrade from Catalina to Big Sur with your latest EFI. Everything has been running fine until I got a power outage a few days ago. It took a few reboots to log back correctly into Mac OS. Then I started having random crashes again. I tought that a USB device could be the cause of the crashes, so I disconnected everything except the keyboard and the display, but I got a random crash again. When it happens, sometimes i get the colored wheel for a few minutes and then it crashes, or it directly crashes.

Any ideas on where I should start to diagnose this problem ? Is there any crash logs I could have a look at ? I use this computer to do live streams for a customer, and this is making me nervous every time I launch OBS...

Thanks a lot !

Just as an off chance here, but can you confirm that you are connecting it to the correct USB-C port on your dock (the one with the computer icon on it).

Yes, since late yesterday afternoon. It works, but the speed doesn't register correctly on the C port. However, it did register 5Gbps on the red port when I plugged into it with the same C cable and an adapter...

Hello pastrychef and everyone else ! I have been following this tread for a while and have a functionnal computer since August 2020 thanks to your great work and advices.

It has been very stable for a few months in the begining, and then I started to get some random crashes. 2-3 weeks ago I decided to start again from scratch and at the same time upgrade from Catalina to Big Sur with your latest EFI. Everything has been running fine until I got a power outage a few days ago. It took a few reboots to log back correctly into Mac OS. Then I started having random crashes again. I tought that a USB device could be the cause of the crashes, so I disconnected everything except the keyboard and the display, but I got a random crash again. When it happens, sometimes i get the colored wheel for a few minutes and then it crashes, or it directly crashes.

Any ideas on where I should start to diagnose this problem ? Is there any crash logs I could have a look at ? I use this computer to do live streams for a customer, and this is making me nervous every time I launch OBS...

Thanks a lot !

Do you see any pop-up windows with kernel panic logs after you reboot from a crash?

Do you have another power supply to test with?

Do you see any pop-up windows with kernel panic logs after you reboot from a crash?

Do you have another power supply to test with?
I have the black kernel panic page, and then when I log into my account it tells me that the computer restarted because of a problem and asks me if I want to send the info to Apple. I just tought that maybe I should click on report and would be able to see a log file before sending it to Apple ?

Unfortunately I don't have another power supply.

Thanks !

Back