Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

I once had a defective BCM94360CS2 that prevented sleep and I also had a defective PCI-e adaptor card that prevented sleep.

So What wifi card do you use now?

is there any guide for how to debug pcie power issue such as shutdown->reboot

So What wifi card do you use now?

is there any guide for how to debug pcie power issue such as shutdown->reboot

I'm still using a BCM94360CS2 with the same type of adaptor you are using. I just replaced the faulty ones with working ones.

I've never seen a guide for shutdown resulting in reboot.

Some great deals on software today...

BetterZip (my favorite archive utility) is available for $5 on BundleHunt.com
Affinity Photo, Designer, and Publisher (no subscriptions!) are all 30% off right now on the Mac App Store.

Also, for those of you who use the freeware Lulu firewall, older versions are not compatible with Big Sur and the latest is broken in that it blocks all network traffic...

IMG_4229.JPG

Some great deals on software today...

BetterZip (my favorite archive utility) is available for $5 on BundleHunt.com
Affinity Photo, Designer, and Publisher (no subscriptions!) are all 30% off right now on the Mac App Store.

Also, for those of you who use the freeware Lulu firewall, older versions are not compatible with Big Sur and the latest is broken in that it blocks all network traffic...

View attachment 498584

iStat is 60% off for those that do not have it. It is a great way to check CPU temps, processor frequency, voltage, what processes are running, etc.

But fans sensor still not working because the kexts issue.

It's not really an "issue" or a bug. VirtualSMC is doing what it's supposed to do. It's just that we don't know how to write plugins for the Super I/O controller on our motherboards.

Apps like iStat Menus and eul only the info provided by the VSMCSuperIO, so it's not an "issue" or a bug on their part either.

Edit:
You can try using FakeSMC instead of VirtualSMC. FakeSMC always provided more sensors for me but I don't know how well or poorly it will work with the latest versions of OpenCore and Clover. (Btw, different forks of FakeSMC have different sensors support.)

Last edited:
Updated Clover EFI to r5127.

Updated post #3 with links to additional info about the BCM94360NG Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card and SIP in Big Sur.

Last edited:
Updated Clover EFI to r5127.

Updated post #3 with links to additional info about the BCM94360NG Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card and SIP in Big Sur.
Did you notice any difference between OpenCore and this version of Clover 5127?
And do we continue with the "issue" of starting with Preboot?

Back