Hold Command and press V.
Click "Post reply" button.

this doesn't work ... cannot highlight
but i took a pic - hope this works

Attachments

• IMG_8287.jpg
    IMG_8287.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 35
BTW, where exactly can I find CaseySJ's patch on here? I'd like to read around it a bit more.

Thanks again!!!

You don't need those patches if you have a discrete graphics card.

Those patches are only needed if you don't have a discrete graphics card and you are using IGPU only. Those patches correct fix the motherboard video out ports so that they are identified correctly by macOS.

Since you will not be using the motherboard video out ports, those patches are completely unnecessary.

this doesn't work ... cannot highlight
but i took a pic - hope this works

Oh... You are getting kernel panic on boot...

Try pulling out the GT 710 and use IGPU only.

Download the config.plist from post #4 of this thread and replace the config.plist you are currently using with it.

IGPU will run circles around the GT 710 anyway.

I use iStat Menus but, no, I don't have any GPU sensors. As far as I know GPU sensors only work with a specific build of FakeSMC but I've never tested FakeSMC with this build.

No, unlocking MSR doesn't break anything. Clearing CMOS will bring it back to the default locked condition.

Thanks for the response! I'll look into unlocking MSR this week.

I've got another weird issue: my orange USB3.1 and USB-C ports on the back of the case isn't working. I'm not sure if this is related to your EFI disabling the 2.0 on the USB3.1 port and maybe the USB-C device I have isn't ACTUALLY 3.1/C. Or if I've done something weird on install.

Have you run into this issue?

Thanks for the response! I'll look into unlocking MSR this week.

I've got another weird issue: my orange USB3.1 and USB-C ports on the back of the case isn't working. I'm not sure if this is related to your EFI disabling the 2.0 on the USB3.1 port and maybe the USB-C device I have isn't ACTUALLY 3.1/C. Or if I've done something weird on install.

Have you run into this issue?

Try plugging in a USB3 device in to that port to see if it works.

Make sure the device you are plugging in to the USB-C port is not a Thunderbolt device. That port has no support for Thunderbolt, only USB.

Try plugging in a USB3 device in to that port to see if it works.

Make sure the device you are plugging in to the USB-C port is not a Thunderbolt device. That port has no support for Thunderbolt, only USB.

That was it. A USB3.0 device works, but the two externals that I have are Thundebrolt/USB-C and then Thunderbolt/USB3.0 FullSpeed. Neither of those work, but a normal USB3.0 FullSpeed External works.

Looks like I need Titan-Ridge after all.

You are awesome, this is my fourth build and I can't believe how insanely smooth it was, thanks to you!

thanx for your assistance so far ...
as i wanted to keep this project on a low budget i'm using a intel core i3-9100-F cpu - so no IGPU i think ...

That was it. A USB3.0 device works, but the two externals that I have are Thundebrolt/USB-C and then Thunderbolt/USB3.0 FullSpeed. Neither of those work, but a normal USB3.0 FullSpeed External works.

Looks like I need Titan-Ridge after all.

You are awesome, this is my fourth build and I can't believe how insanely smooth it was, thanks to you!

The Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge card should work fine. I have it and have used it with a Thunderbolt to 10GBase-T adaptor.

Back