Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Hello all,
Im trying to setup the os with the EFI folder provided by @pastrychef but im having hard time to setup the graphics for the IGPU and use of the HDMI. Could anyone give a hand? Thank you very much!!!

Please see post #1360.

Thank you @pastrychef. Can i use this with open core? its referring clover. Thank you

Copy the device properties from the Clover config.plist and paste it in to the the OpenCore config.plist > DeviceProperties > Add.

Looking for IGPU only users to help me test something.

Please try deleting the following and let me know if you have any issues. Also, please let me know which version of macOS you are on.

View attachment 474493

I'd test it myself, but it's a royal pain to pull out my video card...

Thanks in advance!

Bump.

The original USBPorts kext was meant for iMacPro1,1. I modded it for iMac19,1.

Wake for network access shouldn't cause problems. I use it all the time.

The only thing I can suggest is using the best HDMI cable you can find. Quality cables can make a difference.

Edit:
Please see the WhateverGreen GitHub page:

Try using "igfxonln=1" or "igfxonlnfbs=MASK" boot arguments to force your video out ports to online status.
Thanks.

I tried both these boot arguments. "igfxonln=1" caused my cpu to run a bit hotter and didn't do anything for black screen on wake. "igfxonlnfbs=MASK" didn't impact cpu temp but had no effect on both HDMI or DVI.

At the moment, sleep is working fine on HDMI as long as I turn off monitor when sleeping and turn back on about 5 seconds after waking computer. However, new high quality HDMI cable arriving today, so will test with that.

I'm happy to try this, but system working great and not sure I want to mess with it....

To do it, is it best to do the following?

Back up working config.plist.
edit config.plist on EFI of system drive to remove line that you requested.
save and reboot.
Check system and feedback.
add original working config.plist back to EFI drive.

What do you expect might happen? - just want to make sure my system will be bootable...sorry for being a noob!

I'm happy to try this, but system working great and not sure I want to mess with it....

To do it, is it best to do the following?

Back up working config.plist.
edit config.plist on EFI of system drive to remove line that you requested.
save and reboot.
Check system and feedback.
add original working config.plist back to EFI drive.

What do you expect might happen? - just want to make sure my system will be bootable...sorry for being a noob!

Just copy your entire EFI folder from the EFI partition of your main system drive to the EFI partition of a USB flash drive.
Eject the EFI partition of your main system drive.
Edit the config.plst on your USB flash drive.
Reboot from your USB flash drive.

Thanks!

Of course, didn't think to do that....generally a better idea anyway when messing about with EFI folder to just test changes with version on USB stick. I'll do that in future.

I'll try after lunch and get back to you.

I put together the EFI folders in post #4 for people using different motherboards than ours.

If you are using IGPU only AND you are installing macOS Catalina 10.15.4 or older:
Download the latest Clover EFI from post #1.
Download the config.plist from post #4.
Replace the config.plist in the Clover EFI folder with the one from post #4.

If you are using IGPU only AND you are installing macOS Catalina 10.15.5:
Use the attached EFI folder.

If you are using a dGPU:
Use the latest EFI from post #1.

If you started with IGPU only and want to install a dGPU, just delete the following:
View attachment 474392
I tried updating to 10.15.5 last night and got a black screen despite editing the igpu platform-id

I just copied and put this EFI in my folder and now I'm getting a shutdown notice. And an eventual shutdown. Super stumped

Attachments

• 7914E6ED-9DE7-400A-BB2E-3730B73EA3EA.jpeg
    7914E6ED-9DE7-400A-BB2E-3730B73EA3EA.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 92
Back