Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello friends.
After 2 years using Catalina, i decide to upgrade to Monterey.

It's my first time open Core installation and i got an error.

i'm adding the error log.

if you need more information about my setup to help me, please let me.

Thanks.

Attachments

• opencore-2022-07-21-042034.txt
    256 KB · Views: 30
@Renx,
The "No schema" at top of your uploaded file indicates OC is looking for something referenced in your config.plist but can't find it. It would be very helpful if you could upload your EFI folder here so it could be looked at.

@Renx,
The "No schema" at top of your uploaded file indicates OC is looking for something referenced in your config.plist but can't find it. It would be very helpful if you could upload your EFI folder here so it could be looked at.
Sure, thanks for ur response.

I'm attaching my EFI folder.

Thanks

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4 MB · Views: 57
Noticed a few oddities:

1. In EFI/OC/config.plist/Kernel/Add, Lilu should be located at position 0, above all other kexts including IntelMausi.
2. In EFI/OC/config.plist/Kernel/Quirks, you have "DisableIOMapper" set to YES; I have NO.
3. In config.plist/Misc/Security, you have "SecureBootModel" set to Default. You might want to temporarily set that to Disabled, until everything is working. You can always set it back later.
4. In config.plist/UEFI/Drivers, the format is different than what I am used to seeing. Normally the "Children" of Drivers would be Dictionaries, but yours are Strings. I think the format should look something like the image below (except your Path for the HFS+ Driver would be HFSPlus.efi).

Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 5.21.08 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Noticed a few oddities:

1. In EFI/OC/config.plist/Kernel/Add, Lilu should be located at position 0, above all other kexts including IntelMausi.
2. In EFI/OC/config.plist/Kernel/Quirks, you have "DisableIOMapper" set to YES; I have NO.
3. In config.plist/Misc/Security, you have "SecureBootModel" set to Default. You might want to temporarily set that to Disabled, until everything is working. You can always set it back later.
4. In config.plist/UEFI/Drivers, the format is different than what I am used to seeing. Normally the "Children" of Drivers would be Dictionaries, but yours are Strings. I think the format should look something like the image below (except your Path for the HFS+ Driver would be HFSPlus.efi).

View attachment 551659
Thanks @wstrohm I did this steps and now i'm posting from my Monterrey hackintosh, i don´t need another step.

These are my Benchmarks

1658507815251.png

1658507841058.png

now i have a question, whats the next steps?

I need your recommendation of tools or extra configurations for get a better experience.

Thanks.

I need your recommendation of tools or extra configurations for get a better experience.
Check this out. The instructions are a little out of date, but I use the OpenCanopy GUI and I like it a lot.

Also, OpenCore's latest versions 0.8.1 and 0.8.2 have a new way of providing NVRAM updates and ability to toggle System Integrity Protection ("SIP"). Basically you add the "ResetNvramEntry.efi" and "ToggleSipEntry.efi" drivers (from the OpenCore download) into your EFI/OC/Drivers folder, and also add the corresponding listings into EFI/OC/config.plist/UEFI/Drivers. Then those options will appear in the OpenCore window during boot.

Thanks @wstrohm , I have the last question, ¿How can i keep my system up to date? . If I select the "update now" option, will my system break?

Thanks @wstrohm , I have the last question, ¿How can i keep my system up to date? . If I select the "update now" option, will my system break?
Apparently not; see this thread about the 12.5.1 update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back